Wonder what our 2nd draft day grade will be?

sago1

Reaction score
I think we'll get a good first draft day grade but it won't offset (except for Free) the bad grade for our 2nd day picks. Since the Cowboys should have known this was a very weak draft after the 5th round, why didn't they dump our latter picks to move up into the 4th or at least the 5th round just like Denver did?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
J.Jones21;1479021 said:
Id give today a B and yesterday an A+

somewhere around a B+/A for the whole draft

The skeptics will hand out a C plus

NickZepp

Reaction score
C+ from me. Just because we drafted a kicker and a project.

dalboy

one man wolf pack
Reaction score
sago1;1478987 said:
I think we'll get a good first draft day grade but it won't offset (except for Free) the bad grade for our 2nd day picks. Since the Cowboys should have known this was a very weak draft after the 5th round, why didn't they dump our latter picks to move up into the 4th or at least the 5th round just like Denver did?

A- or A
a great draft so far lets wait until the draft is over to celerbrate:beer2:

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
for the second day? haha hopefully not for the whole thing!

oh well i don't care i like what we have done esp for the future/o-line.

Bizwah

Reaction score
This was a weak draft class overall so the pickings were slim. Nice prospects on the first day, but not much there on day two. We didn't have any sexy picks, but we did ok.

Spencer was a good pick, Free and Marten were good picks as well.

Folk and Anderson.....awful.....Anderson has multiple arrests, including a exposure arrest. Sex crimes are big no-nos.

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
This 2nd day hasn't been as horrilbe as most people think IMO. At around 6'3" 215lbs with 4.4 speed, Stanback will make a very interesting WR prospect. I think he can produce immediately as a return man and develop into a good deep threat. Doug Free was at 1 point a first round prospect, so getting him in the late 4th is great. Nick Folk wasn't a popular pick, but Gramatica is no sure thing. Deon Anderson gives us a good blocking FB that also provides a good receiving threat, which is something that fits well into Garrett's offensive scheme. We still need NT and CB depth, but its not like they are flying off the boards and we still have 2 picks left.

NickZepp

Reaction score
J.Jones21;1479037 said:
for the second day? haha hopefully not for the whole thing!

oh well i don't care i like what we have done esp for the future/o-line.

I don't disagree but drafting a kicker *** pisses me off.

lspain1

Reaction score
Bizwah;1479041 said:
Folk and Anderson.....awful.....Anderson has multiple arrests, including a exposure arrest. Sex crimes are big no-nos.

I think I'd give Anderson a chance before writing him off. Jerry wouldn't have picked him if he hadn't shown some upside here. See the story in the other thread.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
The main problem I have with Day 2 (pending the final pick) is reaching for Stanback instead of going with the NT Soliai from Utah.

IMO, NT depth is a need. It wasn't the kind of need that should have been fulfilled on Day 1, but it needed to be done on Day 2.

I think that Jerry got too excited by Stanback and it clouded his thinking.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Maybe Wade felt comfortable with our options on the DL.

Maybe Ireland and co. thought there wasn't a NT worth drafting with our picks.

Maybe they have their jobs for a reason.

sago1

Reaction score
Totally agree with your view that we should have drafted Soliai instead of Stanbach. I've seen Soliai listed on may mock drafts including Kiper, Gosselin etc. In fact Gosselin had Soliai going in the 3rd round. Instead we take a project at WR which now means we will carry 6 WRs or 3 QBs.

It's fine for Spagnola to say on the ticket that some of these players are just big guys not necessarily NT. But you only mean that Branch was only viable NT available. Good way to never have to fill a big need cause our explanation is none available. Wonder what Cowboys would do if Ferguson went down for significant time. If we had drafted a player with NT potential like Soliai or another player, I be satisfied with this draft. Must admit the drafting of CB Courtney Brown of Cal Poly stopped me with throwing something cause I was just about to think Cowboys were going to grab some other play of no need. So at least we got a good OT in Free, a potential CB in Brown & doubt Folk any help cause Jerry won't cut Gramatica after paying him money. And if Folk looked decent in TC, someone will grab him off the waiver wire. So I view that as a wasted pick along with Stanbach & Anderson. I actually think Jesse Allen would be a better FB pick for us then Anderson and he would come w/o the baggage.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Vintage;1479259 said:
Maybe Wade felt comfortable with our options on the DL.

Maybe Ireland and co. thought there wasn't a NT worth drafting with our picks.

Maybe they have their jobs for a reason.
I like Jerry and think he does many things quite well. But let's be real for a minute here. We know how Jerry got his job. :)

Several sources converged on a positive opinion of Soliai (the team that drafted Soliai, Gosselin, the draft guides). Not so much on Stanback.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
I'm fine with drafting a kicker. Why not, if he can beat out Gramatica. He'll be cheaper, younger, we might have him for years to come. Yeah, would never, every wanna do that...:rolleyes:

pancakeman

Reaction score
sago1;1478987 said:
Since the Cowboys should have known this was a very weak draft after the 5th round, why didn't they dump our latter picks to move up into the 4th or at least the 5th round just like Denver did?

Maybe the other teams knew it too...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Bizwah;1479041 said:
This was a weak draft class overall so the pickings were slim. Nice prospects on the first day, but not much there on day two. We didn't have any sexy picks, but we did ok.

Spencer was a good pick, Free and Marten were good picks as well.

Is indecent exposure a sex crime? Or can it be trying to urinate in public or something much less sensational and damning?