Wonderful timing by the NFL, thanks to Payton Manning...

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
The NFL is allowing the Colts and Bears to work with the actual gameballs for the weeks of practice before the Superbowl.

I'm not sure if this includes the infamous "K-Ball" or whatever it is called but would you really be surprised if they are getting different treatment?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
smarta5150;1351969 said:
The NFL is allowing the Colts and Bears to work with the actual gameballs for the weeks of practice before the Superbowl.

I'm not sure if this includes the infamous "K-Ball" or whatever it is called but would you really be surprised if they are getting different treatment?

If both teams get to do it...what is the different treatment?

:cool:

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
5Stars;1351974 said:
If both teams get to do it...what is the different treatment?

:cool:

From our opportunity in the post-season... like I said though, I do not know if this includes the k-balls.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
smarta5150;1351976 said:
From our opportunity in the post-season... like I said though, I do not know if this includes the k-balls.

The point I'm making is...if both teams get to do it, there is no difference! It's similar to the "weather" thing...if it's rains or snows, both team have to play in it, regardless if they are used to it or not...

Also, I don't understand the Peyton Manning reference...

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
This is the Superbowl.. You know this right?

It has nothing to with NFL, Peyton Manning, or robbing the cowboys. It is the Superbowl. THey dont want any thing to go wrong, or any team to have any excuse. *cough cough Sea/Pitt cough *

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Wait, didn't Tom Brady and Peyton Manning complain about this before last year, and the NFL said that they could break in game balls in practice before the game to get comfortable w/ them?

Wasn't this already in effect?

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
DragonCowboy;1352004 said:
Wait, didn't Tom Brady and Peyton Manning complain about this before last year, and the NFL said that they could break in game balls in practice before the game to get comfortable w/ them?

Wasn't this already in effect?

They had a segment on it during all the ESPN Superbowl Sportscenter edition.

They said this will be the 1st time in Superbowl history that the teams will be allowed to break in the game balls.

They interviewed Manning and Grossman getting their thoughts... Grossman said something along the lines - this will allow the QBs to handle the gameballs better in avoiding dropped snaps.

And yes I understand this is the Superbowl and not saying the Cowboys got robbed... I just dont understand why this wasnt such a big deal till now, just becuase its the Superbowl doesnt mean the equipment should be changed.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
smarta5150;1352052 said:

They said this will be the 1st time in Superbowl history that the teams will be allowed to break in the game balls.

They interviewed Manning and Grossman getting their thoughts... Grossman said something along the lines - this will allow the QBs to handle the gameballs better in avoiding dropped snaps.

And yes I understand this is the Superbowl and not saying the Cowboys got robbed... I just dont understand why this wasnt such a big deal till now, just becuase its the Superbowl doesnt mean the equipment should be changed.

Let's still see how many passes are dropped now...probably about the same...?

I wonder what T.O. has to say about the new ball?

:confused:

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
5Stars;1352068 said:
Let's still see how many passes are dropped now...probably about the same...?

I wonder what T.O. has to say about the new ball?

:confused:

I am sure if he comments it will make headlines :rolleyes:

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
smarta5150;1352052 said:

Simple, it is the Superbowl. Do you really want a fumbled snap, to determine the outcome of the game, and have fans and players saying exactly what we were saying?

No, the NFL, is not timing this, there ensuring nothing goes wrong during the Superbowl, that could be blamed on equipment. NFL is trying to cover it's ***, not kiss Peyton Mannings

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
dargonking999;1352227 said:
Simple, it is the Superbowl. Do you really want a fumbled snap, to determine the outcome of the game, and have fans and players saying exactly what we were saying?

No, the NFL, is not timing this, there ensuring nothing goes wrong during the Superbowl, that could be blamed on equipment. NFL is trying to cover it's ***, not kiss Peyton Mannings

Are you serious...

Because it is the Superbowl it justifies manipulating the playing equipment?

If any team is gonna get an advantage during the season EVERY team should be allowed to the same thing. If the league wants to make a change then it should be done between seasons, not midseason. This reminds me of the stupid NBA changing balls from one to another and back to the original.

This can all be a moot point anyway since we do not know if the K-Balls are different.

I simply started this thread to make people aware and see if anyone else knew the specifics.

I did not start this thread to rip Manning or make excuses for the Cowboys which you are assuming I did.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
smarta5150;1352233 said:
Are you serious...

Because it is the Superbowl it justifies manipulating the playing equipment?

If any team is gonna get an advantage during the season EVERY team should be allowed to the same thing. If the league wants to make a change then it should be done between seasons, not midseason. This reminds me of the stupid NBA changing balls from one to another and back to the original.

This can all be a moot point anyway since we do not know if the K-Balls are different.

I simply started this thread to make people aware and see if anyone else knew the specifics.

I did not start this thread to rip Manning or make excuses for the Cowboys which you are assuming I did.

Then you should work on your thread title, cause thats exactly wat it does

Hoofbite

Reaction score
dargonking999;1352227 said:

I gotta disagree. If you are going to allow it, you have to allow ALL THE TIME. Having a game decided by a fumbled snap is part of the game and if you don't want it to be in the SB then why is it acceptable to have it in the regular season and post-season where the SB match-up is determined.

Really, it should be allowed but not until they start the whole season doing it. They should give each team a handful of balls and just have em checked before the game. I think they are doing it with good intent but its just not really all that fair at this point.

And I have always thought the unwritten "let em play" rule that allows DBs to be a ton more physical with recievers in the post-season was a little crappy.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
dargonking999;1352377 said:
Then you should work on your thread title, cause thats exactly wat it does

Where did I blame our loss on anything?

I said wonderful timing meaning the last game of the season instead where NEW rules belong and that is the FIRST game of the season (preseason).

To make a change in the rules it is only fair that ALL the teams had this same and equal opportunity throughout the season and post season.

As for ripping Manning I simply said thanks to Manning BECAUSE him and Tom Brady have both been big advocates of bringing this new policy into the league. I didnt mention Brady because if it wasnt for Manning being in the Superbowl we may not even have this situation come about.

So, like I said before, dont make assumptions.