Won't you let me take you on a Sea Cruise?

fortdick

Reaction score
Is this it for Mike Tice? Sorry if repost!

Angry Vikings owner to implement conduct code
Associated Press
Posted: 1 hour ago

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) - Minnesota Vikings owner Zygi Wilf is angry and embarrassed over accounts of drunkenness and sexual misbehavior by his players on a charter cruise, and said Friday the team will now have a conduct code.

Wilf, in his first comments since the boat party last week, said he has apologized to the governor. He also has spoken with his players, who will be held to a code demanding "high standards, high morals and success."

"I expressed my anger and I expressed my embarrassment, my embarrassment on behalf of my family and for the people who work hard here," Wilf said, regarding his remarks to the players.

Stephen Doyle, a lawyer representing the boats' owners, has said cornerback Fred Smoot paid for one of the cruises on Lake Minnetonka. A total of about 90 people were present, Doyle said. They returned to shore more than two hours early when crew members complained of wild, lewd behavior.

The Hennepin County Sheriff's Office is investigating, and no charges have been filed. Wilf said the team will cooperate and "levy the appropriate fines, penalties and/or suspensions" as soon as the investigation is completed.

"If there was any sense that we would look the other way regarding this type of behavior, I want to make it extremely clear that this behavior will never be tolerated again," Wilf said.

Wilf said coach Mike Tice's job is not in jeopardy. The Vikings, expected to have a strong team this season, are 1-3. Wilf said he called Gov. Tim Pawlenty to apologize and planned more such calls to community leaders and NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue. Wilf and the Vikings have been pursuing state money to build a $675 million stadium. State Senate Majority Leader Dean Johnson said Wilf called him Wednesday to apologize, and the lawmaker said the stadium deal is "off the radar screen," the West Central Tribune of Willmar reported.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
baj1dallas said:
embarassed by drunkeness at a private party? give me a frickin break.

It was a good deal more than boozin', son... it was basically an orgy, from the way it's been described...

Actually, it sounds like the kind of party Dan Jenkins would have included in one of his books, LOL...

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Vikings

Culpepper, McKinnie, Smoot allegedly on cruise

Paul McEnroe and Pat Doyle, Star Tribune
Last update: October 15, 2005 at 6:16 AM

Quarterback Daunte Culpepper, offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie and cornerback Fred Smoot are on a list of Minnesota Vikings football players whom investigators are interested in questioning about a sex party on charter boats on Lake Minnetonka, a source with direct knowledge of the investigation said Friday.

The list, which has been given to investigators and Vikings team officials by the charter boat company, names 17 players whom crew members identified as passengers on the boats during an Oct. 6 outing. Some players on the list allegedly participated in sex acts. The list also includes players who apologized for the behavior of some teammates and who tried to protect the charter boat employees.

Authorities were trying to determine how many players on the list they should interview as witnesses or potential participants in lewd behavior. It was unclear how many other passengers were also of interest to investigators.

Culpepper declined to comment when asked this week what he knew of the cruise. McKinnie told reporters to "get over it." Smoot has repeatedly denied that he organized the party. A Vikings team spokesman had no comment Friday about the list.

The list of players is based on the recollections of crew members. After the Star Tribune obtained the names on the list, the newspaper attempted to contact all of the players and was able to reach 13. Most declined to comment.

One player on the list, running back Mewelde Moore, confirmed he was on a boat but said he didn't see any sexual activity.

The list also includes: All-Pro defensive tackle Kevin Williams, tight end Jermaine Wiggins; running back Moe Williams; wide receivers Nate Burleson, Troy Williamson, Travis Taylor and Koren Robinson; cornerback Ralph Brown, and safety Darren Sharper.

At least 90 people took the excursion on two yachts chartered from Al & Alma's Supper Club and Charter Cruises in Mound. Before the boat rides, Smoot came to the charter company in person to work out details for the party and put money down, the company's attorney Stephen Doyle has said.

Both boats returned to shore 40 minutes into the 3½-hour cruise after crew members grew alarmed by the sexual activity, Doyle said. Crew members later reported the episode to police.

Crew members reported that some players allegedly engaged in public sex acts, drank heavily and propositioned female crew members. The sex was apparently consensual, and some was photographed as passengers watched and cheered, Doyle said.

The list turned over to investigators does not include every Vikings player who attended the boat parties. Doyle has said at least 20 players were aboard, but not all were identified by the crew. It is unclear which of the 17 engaged in lewd behavior and which ones aided the crew and apologized for the others.

Visitors from out of state?

In another development, two sources with direct knowledge of the investigation said that crew members have told authorities that several women who had sex with the players on the boats said that they had been flown in from out of state for the party. Both sources said that some of the women reportedly said they had arrived from Atlanta and that authorities would be checking that tip.

One of the sources said that if the women participated in organized prostitution on the boat after crossing state lines, it could be a felony under federal law.

"Somebody here was brokering these females, but we can't yet say they were brought in by the Vikings team or whomever," the source said. "It would take the investigation to a higher level, yes. There's some organization to it - the crew overheard them [women] saying they were from out of town. The Atlanta connection with these females has been overheard by the crew."

At least 20 women were reported to have engaged in lewd behavior on the boats, the source said. The source said that federal authorities had not yet been contacted because that was still developing. Minneapolis FBI agent Paul McCabe said Friday that his agency had not yet been contacted by local investigators.

The women may have checked into an Eden Prairie hotel and then eaten at the nearby Naar Grille prior to going aboard the boats last week.

A customer at the restaurant, speaking on the condition that his name not be used, said that a woman in her early 20s who called herself Ebony said she and a group of about 12 to 15 women had just flown in from Atlanta and Houston. The customer said that the women were eating at the restaurant and staying at the Spring Hill Suites by Marriott.

He said the woman said that her group was in town to attend a party scheduled to begin at midnight at "some mansion" where a Vikings player lived. The woman did not mention a boat party.

pmcenroe@startribune.com • 612-673-1745 pdoyle@startribune.com • 651-222-1210

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5670481.html

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Novel concept; a floating gentlemen's ballet. Next up the mile high gentlemen's ballet on the Airbus A380. :)

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Gotta love the sense of humour of football fans, Ad.

The weary Vikes fans' response: "The team finally scored!"

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Gotta love the sense of humour of football fans, Ad.

The weary Vikes fans' response: "The team finally scored!"
Well ummmm...dam can't top that, lol.

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
From a Viking board:

Come sit right back and you'll hear a tale
A tale of fateful trip
That started from a small lake town
Aboard two tiny ships

The mates were a bunch of pole dancers
But the waitstaff was too pure
The Vikings team set sail that day
For a three hour tour, a three hour tour

The action started getting hot
The dancers strutted their stuff
If not for the prudes in the fearless crew
There wouldn't have been such a huff

The boats turned around and went back home
The authorities came aboard
But fear not friends, 'cause all's not lost
The Vikings finally scored!

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Except for a few drunken idiots harassing the female employees, can someone tell me why this is a big deal to some folks? There were no kids aboard, no rape, no illegal drugs (well, who knows about that one).... can't players just have a good time? You can't tell me the people who rent this boat never saw this stuff before. I've been on some crazy boat parties. Futhermore, anyone who was ever in a fraternity in college (unless it was based in BYU :D ) has no room to talk about being offended by any of this because I've seen worse at several frat parties.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
DLK150 said:
From a Viking board:

Come sit right back and you'll hear a tale
A tale of fateful trip
That started from a small lake town
Aboard two tiny ships

The mates were a bunch of pole dancers
But the waitstaff was too pure
The Vikings team set sail that day
For a three hour tour, a three hour tour

The action started getting hot
The dancers strutted their stuff
If not for the prudes in the fearless crew
There wouldn't have been such a huff

The boats turned around and went back home
The authorities came aboard
But fear not friends, 'cause all's not lost
The Vikings finally scored!

That's gold Jerry... GOLD... :lmao2:

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Except for a few drunken idiots harassing the female employees, can someone tell me why this is a big deal to some folks? There were no kids aboard, no rape, no illegal drugs (well, who knows about that one).... can't players just have a good time? You can't tell me the people who rent this boat never saw this stuff before. I've been on some crazy boat parties. Futhermore, anyone who was ever in a fraternity in college (unless it was based in BYU :D ) has no room to talk about being offended by any of this because I've seen worse at several frat parties.

The reason is that the crew... some as young as 18, alledged threatening behavior from the Vikes...

The company offers private dinner parties aboard there ships. They raised the commotion when the crew reported what happened aboard...

Now... I'm like you... private is private, but it must be a situation where the crew knew what may occur...

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
By the way, the gals were flown in from Atlanta? Isn't that where the strip bar scandal with pro athletes occured, too? The Gold Club, or whatever it was called. I guess they know how to groom their high class hooker....I mean strippers... in Atlanta.