CLE - Derrick Johnson
CHI - Mike Williams
TBY - Cedric Benson
TEN - Antrel Rolle
MIN - Shawne Merriman
ARZ - Alex Smith
WAS - Braylon Edwards
DET - Marcus Spears

If Mike Williams, Derrick Johnson, Marcus Spears, and Shawne Merriman are all gone, I have a hard time seeing anyone who helps us dramatically at 11.

The next few picks are likely Adam Jones (CB), Alex Barron (OT), Carnell Williams (RB), Erasmus James (DE), and Shaun Cody (DL). James scares the heck out of me. Can we draft Cadillac with Julius already here? I don't think it makes sense. Jones would be 3 out of 4 years where a DB was our first rounder - don't see it. If we are going to a 3-4, Cody doesn't seem to fit. Alex Barron is a little overrated IMO, but probably presents the best value and could be considered the BPA.

That said, would he do significantly better than Jamaal Brown or Khalif Barnes, or even Elton Brown (moving him back to tackle)? Trading down seems more and more beneficial.

Which is the preferred draft?

1 (11) Alex Barron, OT
1 (20) Troy Williamson, WR
2 (42) Demarcus Ware, OLB
4 (103) AJ Atogwe, FS

or

1 (24) Jamaal Brown, OT
2 (34) Channing Crowder, ILB (from Cleveland)
2 (48) Josh Bullocks, FS (from Cincinnati)
2 (58) Chris Canty, DE (from Green Bay)
3 (67) Vincent Jackson, WR (from Cleveland)
4 (103) Cedric Houston, RB

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
I say if we can't find a decent trade down partner, then we have to take Cadillac Williams. There is no one under us that needs a RB for at least 10 picks and both Rogers and Smith are gone, that would dicount the value of our pick severly. Almost forcing us to take him. That would suck, but at the same time the potential of a Jones and Wiliams one-two punch in the backfeild is a nice thought. Though with their simular running styles it would be more like a one-one punch.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
zagnut said:
1 (24) Jamaal Brown, OT

Where did all of these 2nd round picks come from?

ghst187

Reaction score
if that's the case, we have to trade down. If we couldn't do that, I would hope we went with BPA and I agree with above, it would be Caddy. Two steaks on one plate, but hey...later on some team will have an injury and be desperate for him...and there we will be...with them at our mercy.

zagnut

Reaction score
TheFuture21 said:
Where did all of these 2nd round picks come from?

Trade:
1 (11) from Dallas to Cincinnati
1 (17) and 2 (48) from Cincinnati to Dallas
** This one is possibly unlikely given Cincy's history of staying put. They have the tools on offense. My assumption is they would be very interested in Adam Jones or the best remaining defensive lineman.

Trade:
1 (17) from Dallas (originally Cin) to Green Bay
1 (24) and 2 (58) from Green Bay to Dallas
** GB has two 2nd rounders and some significant needs at QB, OL, and the entire defense. Pretty realistic that they might trade up.

Trade:
1 (20) from Dallas to Cleveland
2 (34) and 3 (67) from Cleveland to Dallas
** Truthfully, last year this kind of trade got us a 1st this year. We should be able to get much more for this kind of drop than a 3rd. I just wanted to put this out there and give an idea of what we could get. With the spectacular DTs available next year, I might be inclined to try and get a similar deal as we got from Buffalo.

2 (34) Channing Crowder, ILB
5 (??) Trent Cole, OLB

1 (CLE) Reggie Bush, WR/KR/RB (Jr)
1 (DAL) Gabe Watson, NT

zorg222

nose picker
Reaction score
zagnut said:
Let's say the top 10 is...

S.F. - Aaron Rodgers
MIA - Ronnie Brown
CLE - Derrick Johnson
CHI - Mike Williams
TBY - Cedric Benson
TEN - Antrel Rolle
MIN - Shawne Merriman
ARZ - Alex Smith
WAS - Braylon Edwards
DET - Marcus Spears

If Mike Williams, Derrick Johnson, Marcus Spears, and Shawne Merriman are all gone, I have a hard time seeing anyone who helps us dramatically at 11.

The next few picks are likely Adam Jones (CB), Alex Barron (OT), Carnell Williams (RB), Erasmus James (DE), and Shaun Cody (DL). James scares the heck out of me. Can we draft Cadillac with Julius already here? I don't think it makes sense. Jones would be 3 out of 4 years where a DB was our first rounder - don't see it. If we are going to a 3-4, Cody doesn't seem to fit. Alex Barron is a little overrated IMO, but probably presents the best value and could be considered the BPA.

That said, would he do significantly better than Jamaal Brown or Khalif Barnes, or even Elton Brown (moving him back to tackle)? Trading down seems more and more beneficial.

Which is the preferred draft?

1 (11) Alex Barron, OT
1 (20) Troy Williamson, WR
4 (103) AJ Atogwe, FS

or

1 (24) Jamaal Brown, OT

I'd take Barron in a heartbeat. We have a hole to fill at RT and Barron will get that hole filled and get it filled well.