Worst Coverage of a Football Game EVER!!!

ghst187

Reaction score
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I was infuriated while TRYING to watch our Monday Night Meltdown last night. I have never seen a network try so hard to keep me from actually seeing the game.
3x guys in the booth full-time, 2x sideline reporters, 2 has-beens in the booth, plus Emmitt on the video-phone.....
HOW ABOUT JUST SHOWING ME THE DAMN GAME???!?!!!! :mad:

While watching a football game:
1) i don't want to hear about emmitt dancing with the stars or any other gay*** show on another network
2) I don't want to hear from a bunch of has-beens 20x during a game
3) I don't want to hear 3 guys in the booth fighting to hear themselves talk (what happened to the rule: 2's company, 3's a crowd?) I want to hear the sounds of the game and sounds of the crowd. I watch a game on TV because I can't watch it in person. The closer I can get to feeling like I'm there, the more my enjoyment. And whenever I go to a game I've never had 3 jerks yapping incessantly about how evil TO is for an entire game. (If I did, they would've been shut up by the end of the 1st Qtr.)
4) I don't need entertained in between EVERY snap, I don't mind watching teams huddle up and walk to the line before the snap. That's part of the game, I want to see it.
5) I don't want to see the commentators, they are fat ugly jerks. Do they have a clue that no one tunes in to see or hear them but rather the game itself?

anyway, I was trying to watch our sorry performance last night and I couldn't believe what I saw from the network. The producer BARELY got switched back to the actual game in time for the snap. They cut to something else as soon as the play was over. They didn't have time to show very many replays because they were too busy talking to some has-been player or talking about dancing with the stars or some random topic. It was like coverage of the game itself was secondary to listening to the commentators, has-beens, and whatever else besides the actual game they could talk about or show. I felt completely disconnected from viewing the game. Easily the worst coverage of a football game I've ever seen on tv.
Not that I missed much, but I was interested to see Romo play.

CalCBFan

Reaction score
ghst187;1113092 said:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I was infuriated while TRYING to watch our Monday Night Meltdown last night. I have never seen a network try so hard to keep me from actually seeing the game.
3x guys in the booth full-time, 2x sideline reporters, 2 has-beens in the booth, plus Emmitt on the video-phone.....
HOW ABOUT JUST SHOWING ME THE DAMN GAME???!?!!!! :mad:

While watching a football game:
1) i don't want to hear about emmitt dancing with the stars or any other gay*** show on another network
2) I don't want to hear from a bunch of has-beens 20x during a game
3) I don't want to hear 3 guys in the booth fighting to hear themselves talk (what happened to the rule: 2's company, 3's a crowd?) I want to hear the sounds of the game and sounds of the crowd. I watch a game on TV because I can't watch it in person. The closer I can get to feeling like I'm there, the more my enjoyment. And whenever I go to a game I've never had 3 jerks yapping incessantly about how evil TO is for an entire game. (If I did, they would've been shut up by the end of the 1st Qtr.)
4) I don't need entertained in between EVERY snap, I don't mind watching teams huddle up and walk to the line before the snap. That's part of the game, I want to see it.
5) I don't want to see the commentators, they are fat ugly jerks. Do they have a clue that no one tunes in to see or hear them but rather the game itself?

anyway, I was trying to watch our sorry performance last night and I couldn't believe what I saw from the network. The producer BARELY got switched back to the actual game in time for the snap. They cut to something else as soon as the play was over. They didn't have time to show very many replays because they were too busy talking to some has-been player or talking about dancing with the stars or some random topic. It was like coverage of the game itself was secondary to listening to the commentators, has-beens, and whatever else besides the actual game they could talk about or show. I felt completely disconnected from viewing the game. Easily the worst coverage of a football game I've ever seen on tv.
Not that I missed much, but I was interested to see Romo play.
I couldn't agree more. If they want to have "guests" have them at half-time!

And Kornheiser's attacks on TO were terrible. He called him the Devil in his opening remarks and then on every play kept trying to emblish that image even further. This guy sucks! I kept thinking of the good old days of Gifford, Cosell and Meredith. Man that was a long time ago...

Bryan8284

Reaction score
My friend and I were sitting there saying just about the same thing.

MNF has become a talk show. More intent on $$$ than providing good TV.

But people will continue to watch no matter what since it's the only game in town on Monday.

utrunner07

Reaction score
This is by far the best and most accurate post of the day. The coverage was completely terrible. MNF is a joke. Tony and Theisman are absolutely, completely, horrendisly, appauling horrible to listen to. They should have been fired after the first game, they just get worse. And then like you said the coverage and all the extra crap was just that complete crap! I hope somebody has a way of getting in touch with some upper level mgmt. at ESPN and getting some of this fixed. Purley pathetic. I may not watch MFN the rest of the season becuase of this. Thanks for the excellent post ghst187

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Jerry Jones interview, Hank Jr interview, E Smith interview, Aikman and Wright interview, Tiki interview clips and TO vs Parcells nonstop clips...it’s too much, distracting and very annoying and makes you feel uneasy watching the game.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
i no longer look forward to mondaynight football cause espn has ruined it

coogrfan

Reaction score
I agree, the broadcast was awful. However, Kornheiser is right about TO. He was sent from the infernal regions (Philly) to drop passes on 4th and 2. :devil:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, please ESPN bone heads...keep us off MNF next year. At least we don't have anymore this year.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
The coverage was horrible! Several times they came back late to the game. Several times they would talk during the plays or even minimize the game so they could so the booth guys talking. Total crap.

Having said that, I did like LT's intro to the game.

TEK2000

Reaction score
I totally agree. I was really really annoyed with all the Emmitt Smith interview. Its entirely useless and annoying with them trying to do 2 things at once... and failing miserably on covering the football game.

By the way. Norm Hitzges on 1310 The Ticket said the same exact thing... said that was the worst football broadcast he has ever seen.

jnc012001

Reaction score
To bad L.T. didn't snap Thiesmans jaw.....maybe he wouldn't be able to talk.........That guy was irritating as a player, and even MORE so as an announcer:lmao2:

lspain1

Reaction score
I completely agree. My sound was off and it was still virtually unwatchable.