Worst Performance of Romo's Career

toto1939

Reaction score
I'm sure that Jessica was telling Tony that it happens to all guys at some point and not to worry about it, but how else do you explain Romo going out there the next day and playing like that?

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
I don't think it can be explained. After the Thumb injury, that's bit easy to explain but prior to that injury, he was simply off, right from the start of the game.

The QBs have bad games and he is no exception.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I had a hurt thumb playing basketball.....and it takes for ever to quit hurting.

superpunk

Reaction score
QBs have bad games. The great Tom Brady struggled yesterday, but was lucky his heartless RB could feast on the Jets, and his defense saved him. Somedays, you just don't have it. Somedays, you just don't have it and the coaches continue to call for you to go downfield and bail on the running game down by 4 points.

You learn more from defeat than you do from victory.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
I will take 2 bad games out of 14 every year! Jessica had nothing to do with any of this. He was off and his receivers dropping the ball didn't help when he did get the ball to them and after all that he hurts his thumb and never got in the groove.

I felt like a few of those throws were forced to T.O. just for the sake of throwing to him regardless of how open he was.

toto1939

Reaction score
Just for clarification for you guys unable to read a joke...

"worst performance" in my original post wasn't referring to what happened on the football field

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
To me, hurting his thumb is not an excuse.

I say this because I think he hurt his thumb on the same exact play Andre Gurode went down, which was in the 3rd Quarter and he was already playing horrible. If you look at the replay Fox was showing to try and find when Gurode and later Romo got hurt, Romo had a pile of guys on him on that very same play Gurode got hurt.

Right after that play, they showed the Doctor looking at his thumb and there is no doubt that they would have showed the Doctor looking at it if it had happened earlier.

Obviously it didn't help but I think he was determined to force ball, hurt thumb or not.

And yes, this was probably his worst performance. In the Buffalo Game, he settled down and took what the defense was giving him, which was the Fullback in the flats.

This game, he was off the entire night. It didnt help that his receivers dropped some balls, but his accuracy was horrible and he also forced alot of balls. My memory is shakey on some of his throws, but I think he left 1-2 more Ints on the field.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
This was a poor Romo performance.

But let's get off him. He has had TWO games where he was under a 90 passer rating. He has played lights out all year.

Is this loss on him? Sure. Every QB in this league has a stinker once in a while.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
abersonc;1839828 said:

But let's get off him. He has had TWO games where he was under a 90 passer rating. He has played lights out all year.

Is this loss on him? Sure. Every QB in this league has a stinker once in a while.

I agree. Romo was a bit off target for whatever reason. For the most part that has not been a problem all season and I don't expect it will start to be a problem now. I chalk it up to just one of those days nothing more than that.

Givincer

Reaction score
abersonc;1839828 said:

I agree entirely.

Two bad games? I'll take him.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Givincer;1839922 said:
I agree entirely.

Two bad games? I'll take him.

Compare that to Eli Manning -- two GOOD games all year.