Would any of you do this trade???

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
A lot of posters on this board don't want to pick an offensive lineman at #18... That's pick #18 ladies & gents... not exactly something that would get us D. Ferguson but anyway...

Trade our NO 18 for Denver's NO 22 and NO 29... they gain 4 spots and Dallas picks up another first rounder... If Denver balks at that, maybe we could give Glover or Ellis a plane ride to the Rockies for the Broncos third or fourth round pick to sweeten the deal... Then Denver would have another serious player on their new defensive line and Dallas would gain that fourth round pick back or get another first day pick if it was a third...

Myself, I wouldn't be opposed to getting a player who could contribute right away at 18, even if it was an offensive lineman...

Thoughts??

;)

k19

Reaction score
Would probably never happen, per "the chart" # 18 is worth 900 points while 22 and 29 are worth 1420, it would take ATLEAST the addition of our 2nd and that still puts the the broncos on the short end of the deal

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Let's see, we drop 4 spots for a first. Dropping 4 spots would usually get you a late 3rd.

So Denver's GM would have to be an idiot to do this. They could get up to 9 or 10 with those 2 picks.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
OK, OK... obviously not seeing the point value system on my second monitor, would you take TWO first rounders that late any way you can get em, short of making Drew Bledsoe the backup QB in Denver... that's why I said to send Glover or Ellis for compensation... probably not getting much of anything for them anyway...

revision...
trade our 18 and Glover and Ellis for Denver's picks 22 and 29... how does that fare?

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
We give up our #18, our 3rd rounder, and Glover for....

The Broncos' #22 and #29. Who would I get?

With the 22nd pick in the draft, the Dallas Cowboys select: Bobby Carpenter OLB

With the 29th pick in the draft, the Dallas Cowboys select: Max-Jean Gilles OG

During the offseason, sign Shaffer (RT)
Tell Larry Allen and his huge contract to get out of Dallas. Start Gilles at LG

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Stop with the Shaffer love. He's Matt Lehr but at the tackle position

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
abersonc said:
Stop with the Shaffer love. He's Matt Lehr but at the tackle position

all right fine, whoever we get at RT, it better be in the Free Agency, I don't want Bill to draft one.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I would concider that trade.Denver has multipule picks in the mid rounds to move back to 29 would garn use a second.That would give us the fife power to exicute my plan..I'll be back to finish this later..:starspin

4 TOP 100 PLAYERS!

ghst187

Reaction score
abersonc said:
So Denver's GM would have to be an idiot to do this. QUOTE]

Well they did use a 3rd on Clarret last year didn't they?...ha

seriously though, I'd definitely trade with them 18 for their 24th plus their third rounder. I think that'd work per the value chart and they'd still owe us a few points. Or trade back from 18 and Glover for their 24 and 2nd.
The great thing though would be to end up with what originally began as Washington's first and get a great player that kicked their butts for years to come.

I also think Glover should be worth their 3rd. Getting another 3rd would be even better than recouping our lost 4th. This is a good draft to load up on 2nd and 3rd round picks. After the top 5 or 7 players...I don't see a concrete stratification.
Denver is definitely a good trade partner for us if for some reason they get interested in trading up or getting another DL player.

sago1

Reaction score
Broncos are over the cap & might have to cut some of their starters unless they can seriously renegotiated. In addition to 1 or 2 of their starting OL, it also possible they might have to cut their DE. See no way they can afford Glover even if he agreeable to new contract--unless possibility of playing in the SB is very important at this point in his career.

neosapien23

Reaction score
I would rather trade Ellis, Glover, and our third for their low number one straight up.