Would Claypool be worth pursuing?

mmohican29

Reaction score
Steelers are kind of in no man's land right now with a Rookie QB and bad offensive line.

There's plenty of talent around Pickett to get him started and they draft capital to being in needed O-Line help.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He sucks. He's a terrible route runner and Dak already struggles with throwing a receiver open.

Example

Rayman70

Reaction score
would he really be a benefit? I rather call up Brandon Smith or Tolbert if push come to shove. We still have James Washington btw. He's due to return any day.

Sydla

Reaction score
Sure.

If the price is cheap. But it appears the Steelers want something of value for him. I wouldn't give up anything more than maybe a couple of later round picks which likely wouldn't be enough.

The dude is a legit talent. A late round pick or two is a worthy price for the upside. LOL at thinking just calling up B Smith gives you that kind of potential.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Not really, you always look to better your roster, if you can do it reasonably, but getting Claypool would be more like roster churning.

Washington is apparently near to returning, has been seen on the practice filed per some reports, I'd just as soon stick with him...

Rayman70

Reaction score
Steelers are dumb. They like their guys WAY 2 much the last few years, and that includes them hanging with Mike Tomlin. I never will understand why. Dude can't develop guys. What is it Mike T. actually does? When was the last time they went 2 the SB and won? Steelers are a awful team.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Sure.

If the price is cheap. But it appears the Steelers want something of value for him. I wouldn't give up anything more than maybe a couple of later round picks which likely wouldn't be enough.

The dude is a legit talent. A late round pick or two is a worthy price for the upside. LOL at thinking just calling up B Smith gives you that kind of potential.
Think he has a real cheap contract too.