Would have rather kept fasano and drafted another position

Hoofbite

Reaction score
probably one of the dumbest trades i've seen. Trading a backup TE for a 4th round pick, only to draft a backup TE with a 2nd round pick.

I don't care who this guy is, hes not going to do anything but what Fasano did. Stupid trade, wasted pick.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Thehoofbite;2055009 said:
probably one of the dumbest trades i've seen. Trading a backup TE for a 4th round pick, only to draft a backup TE with a 2nd round pick.

I don't care who this guy is, hes not going to do anything but what Fasano did. Stupid trade, wasted pick.

Exactly! Enough Said.

NewJCowboy

Reaction score
Every player left on the board would have been a backup player on this team. They not only filled a need, they drafted one of the best players available. It was a good pick.

PosterChild

Reaction score
Have to agree that this was a good pick. Bennett's blocking will knock ppl out!! He will be brought in to help protect Romeo and be a force on short ydg sits... and he has excellent hands. What is the problem exactly? This team had how many Pro Bowlers last yr? How many starters were you expecting to add today?

gbrittain

Reaction score
NewJCowboy;2055042 said:
Every player left on the board would have been a backup player on this team. They not only filled a need, they drafted one of the best players available. It was a good pick.

That is not really the point.

If we held onto Fasano who we drafted many many many I mean two years ago, then there would not be much of a need for drafting a TE in the second.

Fasano was not great, but he along with Curtis were more than serviceable as Jason Witten's back up.

ZB9

Reaction score
Fasano is not a pass catching TE. That is what Garrett's offense requires. I would bet they were planning on drafting a TE before they traded Fasano. They wanted to upgrade the position

the offense has changed since Parcells drafted Fasano.

btw, Fasano had reconstructive shoulder surgery in the offseason

jman

Reaction score

So you would have rather kept an unproductive player than admit you made a mistake and move on to someone that could and probably is better?

That's stupid...and so is your arguement. Talk about total waste. This post is what's a waste.

JPM

Reaction score

Did you ever think it was also done to dump his and Akin's salary ? Not saying it was, but it may have been 1 reason why the trade was done.

superpunk

Reaction score
Amen. If we wanted a TE, just freaking keep Fasano. We could have used that second rounder to move up in the draft if we just intended to piss it away.

NewJCowboy

Reaction score
gbrittain;2055109 said:
That is not really the point.

If we held onto Fasano who we drafted many many many I mean two years ago, then there would not be much of a need for drafting a TE in the second.

Fasano was not great, but he along with Curtis were more than serviceable as Jason Witten's back up.

My point is that he was one of the best players left on the board. So I think that they did was they were supposed to do. They drafted the best player and filled a need.

gbrittain

Reaction score
NewJCowboy;2055537 said:
My point is that he was one of the best players left on the board. So I think that they did was they were supposed to do. They drafted the best player and filled a need.

Do we know for sure he was the BPA? Maybe or maybe not.

Would we still have selected Bennett had we not traded Fasano? I doubt it.

We filled a self induced need is the problem I have with Bennett. Bennett may turn out to be a great player which will make this all a moot point.

However, if he does not, this will look much more silly three years down the road.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score

That trade was more about recovering the 4th round pick they gave up for Pacman and getting something out of Akin, who was most likely not going to be around come training camp anyway.

I would rather see them draft a top TE who is athletic enough to play in the slot then reach on a WR.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
What exactly did Fassano ever do here?

I called and like to see us trying to upgrade TE -

Would not be suprised to see Carpenter traded tomorrow......

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
We got a very early 4th and dumped a few million in salary for Fasano and Ayodele. Neither were wanted here anymore. Fasano is hurt and not very productive, what do you think he is worth? Randy Moss went for a 4th last year.