Would it be wise to put Tyler Smith at tackle?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We know he played tackle in college, I feel he's grown nicely into a guard. If things changed for whatever reason, do you think he'd do good or would it be a curve going back out to tackle? Please give me your thoughts on this

nycowboyfan

Reaction score
He’s a great guard. A good tackle. Leave him where he is. Resign Tyron. Go year to year. MUST draft a center.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If Tyron leaves and you can’t get a tackle then obviously you put him there.

Kwyn

Reaction score
We need good guards. I say leave him where he is.

Big_D

Reaction score
I think it's easier and cheaper to find a guard at this point than replace your LT considering where they are in the draft. If you feel one of your depth guys can step up, but I just don't see it. I think Smith would be the best option, then you can find good interior linemen.

GMO415

Reaction score
He’s a great guard. A good tackle. Leave him where he is. Resign Tyron. Go year to year. MUST draft a center.
Tyron missing one game was a fluke. Never going to happen again. Move forward.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Yes he was better at LT to me. The Cowboys would be a much better running team if they play TYLER at LT. Save the money from TYRON and sign an impact starter on defense. What has Dallas ever won with Tyron playing?

Give me Tyler-Bass-?-Martin-Steele
Need to draft a Center with in top 2 rounds.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
do FA then draft, then see where you are. His flexibility in this case allows for this.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I’d leave him at G mostly because of the penalty issue. A move outside probably only makes that worse.

I think Jerry leaves him at G for another year because it’ll save him a few bucks on the extension that could come after this season.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We know he played tackle in college, I feel he's grown nicely into a guard. If things changed for whatever reason, do you think he'd do good or would it be a curve going back out to tackle? Please give me your thoughts on this
It depends on what the draft plan is. Supposedly it’s easier to find guards than tackles later in the draft. I personally think we need a center more than anything along the lines. Then again it sounds like this is a deep tackle draft and you might get another Tyler to plug and play at left tackle.

75boyz

Reaction score
I’d put him at LT now, with Bass at LG and not look back, but that’s not a popular opinion amongst those who figure Ball and/or Waletzko are “close.”

LOL
Yep.
Spot on.
It's why he was drafted.
Could care less if he's an excellent guard.
Good Left Tackles are much harder to find than guards.
Tyler has proven he can play left tackle.
Dragging out the whole Tyron situation is only wasting time.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’d put him at LT now, with Bass at LG and not look back, but that’s not a popular opinion amongst those who figure Ball and/or Waletzko are “close.”

LOL
Bass is closer in opinion but if Tyler gets moved to tackle it must be permanent.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Whatever it takes to play our best 5 on the field. I don't see Tyrone playing anywhere other than LT. So we will know soon enough. He has stated he wants to resign before free agency.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IDK it's nice to have movable pieces along the OL, we need C and L T .
Have to answer this question in May

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Would it be wise to put Tyler Smith at tackle?​

That depends on who we have available. We'll have to see what the draft and free agency brings us before that question can be answered.