Would you be against drafting a qb in the 1st round?

jwitten82

Reaction score
This question is more for the pro Dak crowd. Wouldn't it make more sense for the franchise to be proactive instead of reactive? I'm surprised more franchises haven't followed the Packers blue print and draft qbs and let them sit behind qbs. IF Dak does get resigned, it's more than likely his last contract with Dallas, so why not have someone sit and learn?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I would rather they fill another need and see what they have in Trey Lance first. If they want to move on from Dak I would rather they tank in 2025 and get a top ten pick for a QB then.

All the top prospects this year will be gone by pick 24.

Verdict

Reaction score
No. I would not be opposed to it, if the grade warrants the selection.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm not saying this is a bad idea, but ideally you'd want to have as much time with your QB on a rookie contract. With this model you go from paying top dollar to one QB, to paying top dollar to the next QB. In Jordon Love's case, they made some deal to get him to take less for 2 years. But now they either have to extend him, or give him a totally new deal after 2024.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I would be totally against it. With the many needs the team has due to all the FA departures it would be stupid drafting a QB in the first round. We only have 6 picks and already used a 4th round pick from this years draft on Trey Lance. We can’t afford to use another pick on a QB and leave ourselves with only 5 picks to try and plug up some of the holes we have. The Cowboys are banking heavily on this draft. Any QB that would fall to us, the odds on them panning out wouldn’t be good. You have a lot better chance of ending up with a Kenny Pickett than an Aaron Rodgers. Your best shot of hitting on a QB is in the top 10 and even that’s a crapshoot.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Penix is a freaking dude. The draft media's criticism against him (and I agree) was that he's a pocket QB who doesn't create on the move. But then he ran a 4.50 40 at his pro day... and even if you take that with a normal pro day grain of salt, that's fast enough to outrun NFL linebackers to the corner. There's some eye opening potential there.

morasp

Reaction score
I would rather sit through a down season in a year with an all pro talent available in the the subsequent draft.

visionary

Reaction score
If the right QB drops with a rd 1 grade that you like you absolutely take him because next years QB class is not great like this one