Would you move up for Cox?

dools

Reaction score
Risen Star;4512651 said:
I wouldn't move up for any player not named Andrew Luck.
That just seems dumb to me. You never know who could fall to what round. If the team feels someone is a great value, trading up is always a good option because you are getting the player you want. When you trade down you hope a player falls.

Wulfman

Unofficial GM
Reaction score
dools;4512840 said:
That just seems dumb to me. You never know who could fall to what round. If the team feels someone is a great value, trading up is always a good option because you are getting the player you want. When you trade down you hope a player falls.

We're talking about moving up in the first round in the draft, not in the draft as a whole.

dools

Reaction score
Wulfman;4512850 said:
We're talking about moving up in the first round in the draft, not in the draft as a whole.
That's fair but he said he would not trade up for ANY player not named Andrew Luck. I took it as, in general, he is against the idea of trading up.

Wulfman

Unofficial GM
Reaction score
dools;4512866 said:
That's fair but he said he would not trade up for ANY player not named Andrew Luck. I took it as, in general, he is against the idea of trading up.

That may well be what he meant. I just took it as meaning only the first round since that was the original topic of discussion. I'm sure he'll correct me if I was mistaken. :)

garyv

Reaction score
Not moving up for anyone in this Draft it costs too much and I like what will be there @ #14 and #45

kmd24

Reaction score
It depends on who you think will be available later. The difference between Cox and some of the other DL isn't as big as the difference between Barron and the other safeties. I'd be content to select Barron at 14 and see who falls to me at 45.

FWIW, I also think that the difference between Barron and the other safeties on the roster is greater than the difference between Cox and the other DL on the roster, so he'd have more impact early on.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Depends on how far you have to move up and what it would cost. If they are that high on him and he is some how there at around 11 it might be worth it.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Cox will go at 4.

He is that good and that coveted.

He is elite talent.

Rockytop6

Reaction score
theogt;4512658 said:
Not with Barron and DeCastro available at 14.

I agree. I can't see us moving up for any player. I like the approach of letting the draft come to you. Stay put and take the BPA as long as it is a player that fits our scheme. I am not opposed to trading down under certain circumstances but I am not a fan of doing so.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Cox, DeCastro and Barron seems to be the favorites on this forum.

All three are potentially pro type multi-fauceted players that could help the team immensely.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
We are not experts on player evaluation or the Cowboys team and defense.

I would not move up for anyone, but if I were an expert on our defense, our team, and the draft prospects, and if I believed Cox or someone else was the only difference maker at the position for my defense....then I do whatever is necessary without pulling a Ditka in order to get that player.