Would you rather mock drafts

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It seems like Dallas' most needy positions right now are guard, running back and tight end. Guard because if we plan to start Tyler at left tackle and Tyron at right tackle that leaves us with cheap rental Chuma Edoga as the starting LG right now. Running back because Pollard is coming off a broken leg and his primary backup is a cheap rental. And tight end because there's some young talent on the roster but we don't know if any of them can handle the starting role. Some may have DT or LB higher up their lists than some of these positions, but for the sake of these mocks, picks at G, TE and RB are assumed to be the top pick. These also use Brugler's top 100 to establish who might be available. I tried to only present options that were near our pick (although some were rated ahead of our pick) in each round.

So would you rather:

1st Jahmyr Gibbs RB Alabama
2nd John Michael Schmitz C Minnesota
3rd Luke Schoonmaker TE Michigan or Brenton Strange TE Penn St.

1st Michael Mayer TE Notre Dame, Dalton Kincaid TE Utah, Luke Musgrave TE Oregon St. or Darnell Washington TE Georgia
2nd Devon Achane RB Texas A&M, Zach Charbonnet RB UCLA or Tyjae Spears RB Tulane
3rd Emil Ekiyor Jr. G Alabama

1st O'Cyrus Torrence G Florida
2nd Sam LaPorta TE Iowa
3rd Tank Bigsby RB Auburn or Roschon Johnson RB Texas

cnuball21

Reaction score
Is there an option 4 where we take a money position in round 1?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Number 2 is probably how the Cowboys will draft. I would loved to be shocked and they draft a pass rusher and defensive tackle with the first two picks.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It seems like Dallas' most needy positions right now are guard, running back and tight end. Guard because if we plan to start Tyler at left tackle and Tyron at right tackle that leaves us with cheap rental Chuma Edoga as the starting LG right now. Running back because Pollard is coming off a broken leg and his primary backup is a cheap rental. And tight end because there's some young talent on the roster but we don't know if any of them can handle the starting role. Some may have DT or LB higher up their lists than some of these positions, but for the sake of these mocks, picks at G, TE and RB are assumed to be the top pick. These also use Brugler's top 100 to establish who might be available. I tried to only present options that were near our pick (although some were rated ahead of our pick) in each round.

So would you rather:

1st Michael Mayer TE Notre Dame, Dalton Kincaid TE Utah, Luke Musgrave TE Oregon St. or Darnell Washington TE Georgia
2nd Devon Achane RB Texas A&M, Zach Charbonnet RB UCLA or Tyjae Spears RB Tulane

2nd Sam LaPorta TE Iowa
Mayer and Kincaid are the only names that will actually get drafted in the 1st.

Acceptablename

Reaction score

So would you rather:

2nd Sam LaPorta TE Iowa
I don’t even think there’s an option it’s number one.

T-RO

Reaction score
g6, I think you have the gist of it right in how our first 3 picks could/should go, but we need to broaden the IOL options to include names like Mauch, Torrence, Tippman, Avila and Schmitz. (this btw is draft guru Dane Brugler's order). Going into a draft with a single target doesn't work.

The challenge right now is that our picks are 26-58-90. The targets we want will be gone if we stay at 58 & 90.To really get it right we' need to do some trading to get positioned more like this: 36-44-72. This could require a bit of trade dancing.

I'd do RB in round 3. There's still good ones there.

cowboyec

Reaction score
rd1-michael mayer,te-notre dame
rd2-zach charbonnet,rb-ucla
rd3-ee,og-bama

T-RO

Reaction score
My Plan for now:

For TE
If I can't land Mayer or Kincaid...I trade down to 33-40...for best of Musgrave/LaPorta/Wash

FOR GUARD
Trade up from 58 to 41-48 and grab the best available Mauch/Torrence/Tippman/Avila/Schmitz/Wypler

FOR RB
@90 Tank Bigsby or Tyjae Spears (other good options here, RB pretty deep)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

So would you rather:

2nd Sam LaPorta TE Iowa
#3 for me!
:thumbup:

gimmesix

Reaction score
Mayer and Kincaid are the only names that will actually get drafted in the 1st.
Maybe. I'm just going by who Brugler had. The first-rounders I used ranged from about 20-32.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I wouldn't hate that even though Kancey scares me some because of his size.
In some ways, I'd prefer it because I want Dallas to address interior DL. I'm not sure about Kancey, but he is ranked around our draft pick so I can't disagree with the value. I'm just not sure Dallas is looking at the position in the first, except maybe if Carter falls. I can see the team waiting until later to address TE because of the young guys we have.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

So would you rather:

2nd Sam LaPorta TE Iowa
I would love for this team to draft Darnell Wright in RD1.

LT Wright
LG Tyler
C Biadasz
RG Martin
RT Tyron/Steele

I think Tyler smith is a good LT, but he will never be a great LT. This guy was made to be a Guard. He's going to be up and down against speed. And we saw that this past season. Because he has trouble in space at times. He would destroy people at guard. This guy in a phone booth with a DT, that dt is going to get beat up.

I'd take the 2nd one

1. Mayer
2. Charbonnet
3. Ekiyor

Because I think the team would then go

LT Tyron
LG Tyler
C Biadasz
RG Martin
RT Steele

And run with Tyler/Ekiyor left side in 2024.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I would love for this team to draft Darnell Wright in RD1.

LT Wright
LG Tyler
C Biadasz
RG Martin
RT Tyron/Steele

I think Tyler smith is a good LT, but he will never be a great LT. This guy was made to be a Guard. He's going to be up and down against speed. And we saw that this past season. Because he has trouble in space at times. He would destroy people at guard. This guy in a phone booth with a DT, that dt is going to get beat up.

I'd take the 2nd one

1. Mayer
2. Charbonnet
3. Ekiyor

Because I think the team would then go

LT Tyron
LG Tyler
C Biadasz
RG Martin
RT Steele

And run with Tyler/Ekiyor left side in 2024.
This is why I think the second one is less likely. If what Jerry said is right and Dallas wants to keep Tyler at LT and play Tyron at RT (at least until he is hurt at least and Steele takes back over), then we're looking for a guard to start in 2024 ... unless anyone believes bargain Edoga is the answer. Maybe they will convert Steele to LG but I'm unsure about that move.

I think G in the first or second is most likely if Jerry's plan is THE plan. Before, when I thought the 2023 starting group was going to be the one that you posted here, I thought G could be taken anywhere from the first to fourth. Now, I think it's a higher priority.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This is why I think the second one is less likely. If what Jerry said is right and Dallas wants to keep Tyler at LT and play Tyron at RT (at least until he is hurt at least and Steele takes back over), then we're looking for a guard to start in 2024 ... unless anyone believes bargain Edoga is the answer. Maybe they will convert Steele to LG but I'm unsure about that move.

I think G in the first or second is most likely if Jerry's plan is THE plan. Before, when I thought the 2023 starting group was going to be the one that you posted here, I thought G could be taken anywhere from the first to fourth. Now, I think it's a higher priority.
I think you are right, pick 26 is probably going to be LG, barring a miracle and Bijan is still on the board.