Would you take a close loss as a positive sign?

TheNatureBoy

Benched
Reaction score
And do you think we could make the playoffs after going 3-4?

Historically -this is when BP has been at his best ...when his back has been against the wall.

DipChit

Reaction score
TheNatureBoy;1122490 said:
Historically -this is when BP has been at his best ...when his back has been against the wall.

Well thats cool.. I never thought about it.

So whats his TD/Int ratio in those circumstances? ;)

wxcpo

Reaction score
As long as at the end of the game we still have a chance of winning the game and Romo has managed to avoid the costly turnovers that plagued the team with Bledsoe at the helm that will definitely be a step in the right direction IMO. Carolina on the road is a stiff test for any QB, but we have an undrafted free agent making his 1st NFL start. I think Julius Peppers is watching game film and dissecting our offensive line looking for the mulitple routes he can take to get to Romo. Win or loss though just having a QB that can give the team a chance to win each week will be a big plus.

DipChit

Reaction score
Well get prepared for those who didnt like the move to point out that we went down there and won with DB at the helm at the end of last year.

For myself it wont matter much if we lose by 2 or 20 (if we lose at all). It's about like the players.. once the game is over you cant dwell on it too long. Just move on and try to do better next week.

It's a week to week deal in this league. What if we go down there and win and then lay an egg in Wash? Do we go from back on the right track to sucking again just that quick?

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Heck no! We've had close losses already where we were at least in position to win or tie before the stupid mistakes. I would see a close loss against Carolina as more of the same: Been there, done that. Not a step in any direction.

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
Yes.

I mean I'd be pissed the Cowboys lost.

But a close game indicates Romo showed something, and that's a positive sign against one of the NFL's best defenses.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
EastDallasCowboy;1122516 said:
Yes.

I mean I'd be pissed the Cowboys lost.

But a close game indicates Romo showed something, and that's a positive sign against one of the NFL's best defenses.

a close loss doesnt necessarily mean he showed anything...he might play terrible, throw for 100 yds and 3 or 4 picks but maybe our defense plays ok and doesnt let us get blown out

close losses are fine for teams that have been awful and are trying to "learn" to win, but for a team expected to be a Super Bowl contender and in the 4th yr with the same HC (especially in THIS era), we shouldnt be having to discuss moral victories or "close losses" being a positive

David