Would you take less money?

Plankton

Reaction score
About $10,000 less to work a job you don't particularly like vs one you do like and less stressful? Let's say in this situation you have no family to take care of just you.
In 2012, I relocated due to my wife getting a great job opportunity. I was in a very stressful work situation with a minumum 45 minute commute each way, where I was on call 24/7, and often was in on weekends. I was on a track to be a VP in a short period of time. When she got the offer that required us to move, I did not hesitate saying yes. We moved to a place where I didn't know a soul, and did not have a job lined up. Ended up finding a job where I took a 1/3 paycut. It was the best decision I ever made. With the old job, there was no respect for ones personal life, and I had a young special needs son that I literally was not able to spend any time with. Once I moved, I got my work/life balance back. I have since moved to a different job, and have exceeded pay wise what I had been making 11 years ago, but the demands are much less.

Jimmy Johnson said it in his A Football Life episode. QTL (Quality Time Left) is a real thing. You can't put a price tag on it. As long as you can find employment that allows you to support yourself, making a change with your personal happiness in mind is the right thing to do.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
About $10,000 less to work a job you don't particularly like vs one you do like and less stressful? Let's say in this situation you have no family to take care of just you.
Why would anyone take $10k less to take a stressful job they don't like?

I think you worded that wrong.

But assuming you mean the opposite, yeah I'd take less money for less stress.