eduncan22;1484246 said:
These guys were in the Top 100

Chris Houston
Eric Wright
Josh Wilson
AJ Davis
Tanard Jackson

We passed on them.

So you just went and found a list of guys that you know nothing about huh?

:rolleyes: ok I'm done ...... this is like beating up the handicapped.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;1484254 said:
So you just went and found a list of guys that you know nothing about huh?

:rolleyes: ok I'm done ...... this is like beating up the handicapped.

You make it sound more difficult than it really is.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
eduncan22;1484246 said:
These guys were in the Top 100

Chris Houston
Eric Wright
Josh Wilson
Marcus McCauley
AJ Davis
Tanard Jackson

We passed on them.
Chris Houston - I would have been fine with Houston. I think he's a player. But Spencer provides much more value at pass-rushing than what Houston would at CB.

Eric Wright - No way. Great talent, but with Goodell around, even the slightest noise out of this guy and he'd bring the hammer down.

Josh Wilson - The guy is tiny. You complain about lining up Glenn because of his size, but you'd rather have this guy? Makes no sense. With the size of receivers today, I'd don't want a guy that small.

Marcus McCauley - What do you like about him? He put up some very nice numbers at the combine, but he didn't seem to play up to those numbers in college. Poor college production against second-tier opposition does't scream worth a first day pick to me.

AJ Davis - Nice production, but against sub-par talent. Was injured quite a bit in college. I can see an argument there. But he's a project at best. You couldn't expect him to come in and compete right away. If we're going to get CB in the draft, I'd wait til next year's and get one that's rated a little higher.

Tanard Jackson - I thought you didn't like slow corners? Or are you just throwing names out there?

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1484387 said:
Chris Houston - I would have been fine with Houston. I think he's a player. But Spencer provides much more value at pass-rushing than what Houston would at CB.

Eric Wright - No way. Great talent, but with Goodell around, even the slightest noise out of this guy and he'd bring the hammer down.

Josh Wilson - The guy is tiny. You complain about lining up Glenn because of his size, but you'd rather have this guy? Makes no sense. With the size of receivers today, I'd don't want a guy that small.

Marcus McCauley - What do you like about him? He put up some very nice numbers at the combine, but he didn't seem to play up to those numbers in college. Poor college production against second-tier opposition does't scream worth a first day pick to me.

AJ Davis - Nice production, but against sub-par talent. Was injured quite a bit in college. I can see an argument there. But he's a project at best. You couldn't expect him to come in and compete right away. If we're going to get CB in the draft, I'd wait til next year's and get one that's rated a little higher.

Tanard Jackson - I thought you didn't like slow corners? Or are you just throwing names out there?

All of these players graded out in the top 100.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;1483891 said:
On this topic, people should get Adblock with Firefox and block all sigs.

I do it and it makes the board much easier to read.
Just FYI, if you go into your User CP, you can make it so you don't see Avis or Sigs.

Click Edit Options. Scroll down to Thread Display Options. Then just deselect Show Avatars or Show Signatures.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
ZeroClub;1484091 said:
Two woulda, coulda, shouldas from me:

1. Eric Wright CB USC/UNLV - The Browns say that he passed their rigorous background check for his behavior since his move to UNLV. Apparently the Browns contract with former CIA types. Anyhow, Wright has the look of a future pro-bowl CB. That'll be hard to take if it happens, given that the Cowboys traded out of that pick.

2. Browns #1 vs. Bills #1 - Apparently Jerry Jones had to choose. The Browns and the Bills were both ready to trade their 1st round 2008 picks to the Cowboys. Right now today, I'd pick the Browns too. But if it turns out that the Bills do even worse than the Browns, that'll be hard to take.
Its going to be harder for the Browns to eek out division wins than the Bills. Can you really see the brownies winning a division game next season? The bills are at least tough at home.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
zrinkill;1483827 said:
I wanted Dwayne Bowe or Sidney Rice

But I am more than happy with what we got.

Pretty much where I stand but add Robert Meachem to the list

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Future 585;1484844 said:
Pretty much where I stand but add Robert Meachem to the list

I'm pissed the Saints took him, him to be the deep threat, Colston the do-everything and Copper in the slot is going to be dangerous

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
smarta5150;1483836 said:
Was the sig too big?

I got yelled at too :cool:

when you're scrolling through messages, it's tiresome to read a 1 line post that 3 screens long because of a sig file.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
iceberg;1484863 said:
when you're scrolling through messages, it's tiresome to read a 1 line post that 3 screens long because of a sig file.

Then disable them ;)

I'm kidding, I understand why they limit the size.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1484671 said:
Just FYI, if you go into your User CP, you can make it so you don't see Avis or Sigs.

Click Edit Options. Scroll down to Thread Display Options. Then just deselect Show Avatars or Show Signatures.

thanks for the reminder. : )

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
smarta5150;1484868 said:
Then disable them ;)

I'm kidding, I understand why they limit the size.

i did. : ) it's all good thanks to options in the world.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
smarta5150;1484874 said:
But if we all did that then no one would see your Philo-spoof.

there's a price to pay for everything. :cool:

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
dogunwo;1484741 said:
Its going to be harder for the Browns to eek out division wins than the Bills. Can you really see the brownies winning a division game next season? The bills are at least tough at home.
I'm not predicting it, but would it be a shocking surprise?

The Saints, who earned a the second overall pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, were a second seed in the playoffs. The Steelers missed the playoffs the year after winning the Super Bowl.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Browns finished 9-7. If the Browns finally have a year of few injuries and some of those first rounders from previous years (and J. Lewis) play well, things could go their way more often than we now anticipate. That's parity (for better or for worse).