Wow I Dont Think We'll Make It

cowboys5

Benched
Reaction score
we are currently in 7th according to nfl.com and bucs and both atlanta have to not so tough opponents.

do we make it.

i thought we should be 5th seed since we beat bucs but oh well

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
  • Dallas earns the No. 5 seed based on head-to-head over Tampa Bay (1-0).
  • Tampa Bay earns the No. 6 seed based on conference record over Atlanta (8-4 to Falcons' 6-4).
Well, we just need to beat the eagles to get in and hope either Atlanta/Tampa lose 1 game now.
If we beat Baltimore, Eagles lose 1 to Cleveland/Washington, and Atlanta/Tampa lose 1 we are in.

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
If the playoffs started today, the Cowboys would be ahead of the Bucs and Falcons in 5th place. Winning out would keep the Cowboys there.

Jake0

Reaction score
Atlanta has a VERY difficult matchup with Minnesota next week. If the Giants lose to the Panthers next week they get Minnesota the following week. If the Giants lose to the Panthers then Minnesota wins, Minnesota has the #2 seed and a 1st round bye. Minnesota is still has every reason to win, they will not fold over. If the Falcons lose to the Vikings next week, we go 1-1 and we're in the playoffs basically because of our conference record over them. I don't think we'll go 1-1 though but anyway, the cushion is there in case we have another Pittsburgh debacle or something.

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
Jake0;2495810 said:
Atlanta has a VERY difficult matchup with Minnesota next week. If the Giants lose to the Panthers next week they get Minnesota the following week. If the Giants lose to the Panthers then Minnesota wins, Minnesota has the #2 seed and a 1st round bye. Minnesota is still has every reason to win, they will not fold over. If the Falcons lose to the Vikings next week, we go 1-1 and we're in the playoffs basically because of our conference record over them. I don't think we'll go 1-1 though but anyway, the cushion is there in case we have another Pittsburgh debacle or something.

Doesn't ATL have the same amount of conference losses as we do? So if they lose to Minn, and we lose to Philly we'll both be 7-5 in the conference... On to the next tiebreaker.