WP: Taylor's attorney seeks dismissal as plea bargain discussions continue

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Have you came up with any links to prove all your assanine statements or are you still pretending that never happened?

I searched the Miami Herald archives and can not find a single article with 'Sean Taylor' published before November. This is where I read the things that I claimed.

But think about it. Sean Taylor gets arrested for allegedly pointing a gun at someone. Complete hearsay.

Sean's friend's house gets shot up by the same people that alleged Sean brandished a weapon and they don't get arrested. Bullet holes in a house with shells recovered from two different guns. Sounds like there should be an arrest in this situation if Sean and friends claim they know who shot the weapons.

Believe what you want.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:
I searched the Miami Herald archives and can not find a single article with 'Sean Taylor' published before November. This is where I read the things that I claimed.

But think about it. Sean Taylor gets arrested for allegedly pointing a gun at someone. Complete hearsay.

Sean's friend's house gets shot up by the same people that alleged Sean brandished a weapon and they don't get arrested. Bullet holes in a house with shells recovered from two different guns. Sounds like there should be an arrest in this situation if Sean and friends claim they know who shot the weapons.

Believe what you want.

3 witnesses is hearsay? Hmmm...... :banghead:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:

Believe what you want.
No, it's not.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:

Believe what you want.

So what you are saying is no? The washington papers wou;ld have carried the story too, try them. Go to extremeskins and do a search if this is true the paper article will be linked there too.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:

And what you are spouting off about, without a trace of proof, is the truth?

SkinsFan26 said:
Update....

Your are a pitiful troll, and why you are still here is beyond me! :lmao:

hooskins

Reaction score
The way I see it, is ST probably pulled a gun on somebody, but the state has a lack of proof, and the case is probably going nowhere. I think ST will be fine, and he will get off with community service and some fines. I do worry however about ST's attitude, bc is he really getting punished? If he walks, then he doesn't learn a lession and he could cause problems in the future. I hope this potential jail time has shocked this kid, and that he will change, but i am not too sure yet. He has alot of talent, he could be the most dominent safety in the NFL for years to come, or the complete opposite, it really lies in his hand. This along with the spitting thing, makes him look terrible in the eyes of the NFL, esp bc he lied to our coaches about spitting. I will be very happy if he gets out of this, but at the same time I am worried he has not yet learned his lesson.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
As a reporter who has covered his share of criminal court cases, plea bargains are par for the course. They're either presented before the case starts or at the end of the trial, if the defense attorney feels the prosecutor hasn't sufficiently presented his case.

I wouldn't read too much into this story. In fact, the prosecutor, if he doesn't accept a plea bargain, generally feels he has a strong case.

Having said that, I doubt he serves any time in jail.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
mbanx said:
Well said SB I don't have or know where to get some of those crazy icons I see on this board so.......

1. Nail on the head
2. Cowboy smiley face clapping hands
3. (I have this one) :bow:

You seem to be able to get your point across without them, hoss... LOL...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:

You don't know what the full scope of the evidence against Sean is, so that's nothing more than speculation on your part... as others have pointed out, if it was merely the word of a bunch of "felons" (as you characterized them in your ever-biased style) against that of a celebrity, it's rather unlikely that the DA would have tried to take this to court...

It's also likely that he'd have been MUCH easier to deal with in the recently-completed (unsuccessful) plea negotiations, being cognizant of the difficulty of getting a conviction against a celeb even if he has a strong case...

But try as you might to spin all this into good news, the truth is the plea bargain negotiations have broken down, the chance of the judge dismissing the charges are VERY remote, and it looks almost certain that trial will begin as scheduled... logically, this suggests that the prosecutor is a lot more confident about his case than you are... LOL...

If there was an arrest, there is a publicly available record of it... until you, or anybody, provides evidence of such an arrest, that dog won't hunt...

Believe what you want.

That's obviously what YOU'RE doing-- you're thinking with your heart, not your head... you don't EVEN want to consider what happens if your precious her gets convicted, and it seems you don't really care if he's guilty or not...

Meanwhile, I'm looking at the news that I see in print, and applying common sense, to form my opinions... IOW, I'm operating strictly off the facts that we DO have available, and not casting wild aspersions with no evidence whatsoever to support them...

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
As much as I would enjoy some of these trolls misery ..... I really hope that kid doesnt go to prison for almost 50 years. hopefully he is innocent.

DBoys

Reaction score
I doubt he will get 50 years but I bet you anything he gets 1-5 years. Simple fact is there is a lot we don't know at this point. I would tend to lean that someting more severe was done and we just don't know about it. To get 3 counts of 15 years and an additional 1 for something else is a pretty good indication of severity. Originally they were saying there were no shots fired now they say he did.

If he fired at someone and there are witnesses he is %$%^&&.

I hate to see a kid get in trouble but when you look at the character of this guy on and off the field he is getting whats coming to him.

I hope this wakes him up and gets the thug out of him. When he spit on someone that told me enough and to think people compare this guy to Roy.