WR Michael Gallup looking close to his old self lately

quickccc

Reaction score
Gallup seems to be at his best when he can run down and track the ball downfield ,..vs coming back for the ball on slants and curls if he's facing the QB .... that's when the sloppy routes turn into INTs.

Just my guess work but maybe coaches are better designing and involving him into certain plays and route tree that best fit his strengths, because of late, he's standing out and making more plays.. since his demotion,
he's clearly now putting distance between he vs Jalen Tolbert, imo.

We'll really need that 3rd WR in big games vs big teams, and especially in the do or die playoffs.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree but I also said might want to throw him more routes than just slants and comeback routes. I don’t recall him ever excelling at that even when healthy.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Gallup seems to be more confident in the knee, some don't understand running full speed an throttling down in a second puts pressure/inertia on those knees. Gallup's favorite route used to be a deep bend, and I haven't seen that route ran by him. Please take the comeback out of the routes Gallup is sent on.

Mannix

Reaction score
:facepalm: Sorry, but this needs to be his last season here....only shows up at home on a fast track....will be AWOL tomorrow!!!

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
I hate being the negative poster but I dunno, I'm not seeing him being even close to the Gallup of pre-injury. Thar "good" game back last week was 3 catches or something like that.

plymkr

Reaction score
Michael Gallup is starting to look like his old self lately. Hope Gallup keeps improving. Going to need him heading into and throughout the playoffs.

:starspin:

I think with the emergence of Ferguson and Cooks, along with Gallup getting back to his old self; we are a different animal that lost to the 49ers earlier this season. In that game all they had to do was stop CD and Pollard. Our TEs were playing like trash and Cooks was a non factor. We’re hitting our stride at the right time.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I hate being the negative poster but I dunno, I'm not seeing him being even close to the Gallup of pre-injury. Thar "good" game back last week was 3 catches or something like that.
It's understandable to see Gallup with so few catches at the moment and make one doubt he's even close to being back, but you have to realize Dak is actually spreading the football around to 8+ different receivers each game lately. This affects how many chances Gallup actually has to be able to catch in order to show up on his stats. When Gallup was the #2 WR before this season, one could see Gallup's catches being higher than they are right now. Don't let Gallup's lesser pass attempts and catches this season doubt he is playing better. He actually is. Just look at his route running on the field in recent games even when the football is not going to him. Gallup is clearly running his routes better, plus he is also helping clear out sections of the field for CeeDee, Cooks or another receiver to get open.