WR Quan Crosby

DeMarcusWare94

Reaction score
I am a huge UT fan, and I think we should try and draft Quan in next year's draft. I expect Quan to have a great season this year as our feature receiver,

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
DeMarcusWare94;2205105 said:
I am a huge UT fan, and I think we should try and draft Quan in next year's draft. I expect Quan to have a great season this year as our feature receiver,

I'm a Horns fan too, but Cosby hasn't really produced enough yet to warrant being drafted too awfully high... let him put up some numbers this year, then we'll talk...

OTOH, I like Cedric Dockery... that's one big ol' guard, with the right 'tude...

Shady12

Reaction score
For the love of...geez people, why does everyone call him Crosby? I thought it was just TV announcers. I guess even fans of his call him that..lol. The guy does produce, and has great hands. I don't see him as a great NFL prospect though. I wonder if his age will help or hurt him? He's probably about as NFL ready as a wr comes with his age and polish. But he's short and not real fast. He's listed at 5'11", I believe he's actually 5'10." Strong though. When I think of him in the NFL I think of Crayton. Probably similar speed, Crayton is taller but I can see Quan being a solid slot guy. He was a great QB and hard-hitting safety at Mart, TX in high school. I think he should have played safety at UT, think he would have had a better shot in the NFL as a safety due to his body type..5'10" 205.

iCowboy

Reaction score
he might go undrafted or really late.. hes no Limas Sweed or Roy Williams

Shady12

Reaction score
The guy to look for from the Texas wr corps might be Jordan Shipley. He came in as a heralded guy but missed his first two seasons with knee injuries.. But he's looking good, I could see him being a good slot guy in the NFL. He has a high football IQ, runs great routes, has good speed and quickness, and great body control and hands. He's about 6'0" 190.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Shady12;2289126 said:
The guy to look for from the Texas wr corps might be Jordan Shipley. He came in as a heralded guy but missed his first two seasons with knee injuries.. But he's looking good, I could see him being a good slot guy in the NFL. He has a high football IQ, runs great routes, has good speed and quickness, and great body control and hands. He's about 6'0" 190.

Shipley is a bigger Wane McGarity, and has about the same upside for the NFL, I think... Cosby's superior speed will make him the better pro, IMO, as well as his ability as a kick returner... but neither one will be a first day draft pick... more like 5th or 6th round...

Shady12

Reaction score
silverbear;2289317 said:
Shipley is a bigger Wane McGarity, and has about the same upside for the NFL, I think... Cosby's superior speed will make him the better pro, IMO, as well as his ability as a kick returner... but neither one will be a first day draft pick... more like 5th or 6th round...

Well Cosby's not all that fast. He's got nice speed but not a burner. Shipley might be faster. He was a legit 4.4 guy before the knee injuries, don't know if he ever got the speed totally back but he has football speed regardless. He's definitely a better pro prospect than McGarity. With his instincts I can see him being a good slot guy who can excel at finding open space in the middle of the field. And while Cosby is the Horns' returner, I don't see him being great at it in the NFL. He's solid but he's not even a gamebreaker as a returner in college. Kind of like Aaron Ross. Brown wants a guy he can trust back there even if there are probably 10 guys on the team who might be more dangerous as a returner.

joseephuss

Reaction score
2001 2A state champion in both the 100m (10.46) and 200m (21.31) in track

That is what Cosby did in high school. That is pretty good speed. TO said he was a 10.4 guy in the 100 m.

Cosby may turn out to be a good 5th or later draft pick. He is short, but not a little guy. He is solidly built.

joseephuss

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2304222 said:
He's not even a Wane McGarity or Skyler Green

I disagree. I think he is more polished and consistent than McGarity. Dallas took McGarity in the 4th, which was at least one round too soon. Cosby would be a good pick in the 5th or later if Dallas thinks they need a receiver at that point or later. Dallas does not need to pick him or target him, but I would not complain if he ended up on the team.

Shady12

Reaction score
He was a burner coming out of high school but he bulked up quite a bit for baseball, don't think he has that kind of speed anymore. Any doubt after today that Shipley isn't faster?? He could be a killer slot guy in the NFL.