WR question

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
How long is Crayton expected to be missed?

Our WR corps this year doesn't seem to be a lot different than last year with the exception that TO has been "injury proned" lately and Keyshawn rarely misses a game.

Plus, we have Fasano on this years roster.

I'm not saying that with Crayton hurt that this is not important because one of our two starters could go down.

Just wanting opinions on why is it different than last year. And who thinks that if Glenn/TO do go down, that the season is over IYO.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
TO>>keyshawn

fasano>>campbell

hurd,rector,green>>>copper

thats about it.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Mansta54 said:
These are HUGE differences!!!
So why are the Cowboys attempting to trade this year vs. last?

If TO is better than Key, and Fasano is better than Campbell, why the worry this year?

What am I missing?

Mansta54

Reaction score
The HUGE differences are in the starters.. TO is waaaay better then Key and I liked Key alot but he's no TO. Fasano is much more of a threat down field in the passing game then Campbell ever was. They wanna trade to sure up the 4th and 5th spots..

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Mansta54 said:
The HUGE differences are in the starters.. TO is waaaay better then Key and I liked Key alot but he's no TO. Fasano is much more of a threat down field in the passing game then Campbell ever was. They wanna trade to sure up the 4th and 5th spots..
But Mansta54, that is my point, why are we looking at trading a future pick when we were "comfortable" with what we had last year even if it seems to be in better hands this year.

Mansta54

Reaction score
cowboyfan4life_mark said:
But Mansta54, that is my point, why are we looking at trading a future pick when we were "comfortable" with what we had last year even if it seems to be in better hands this year.

Beats me!!!! For some reason BP isn't as comfortable this year. I have no answer for you... Sorry!!!!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If TO is better than Key, and Fasano is better than Campbell, why the worry this year?

What am I missing?
We have the players to trade. That hasn't been the case around here for several years. Guys like Coleman and Shanle are considered expendable.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Because this year Parcells' expectations are greater, so he wants to improve depth if something should happen to those top three.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Three things I can think of:

1) We have players to trade that we didn't have in the past.

2) We have higher expectations this year than in previous years.

3) While Owens is a better receiver and athlete than Keyshawn he is also more injury prone. Glenn has Always been injury prone and now Crayton seems to be getting that rep as well. When all three of you top WR's have a rep for being injury prone you should be looking to shore up the depth a little more.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
We have the players to trade. That hasn't been the case around here for several years. Guys like Coleman and Shanle are considered expendable.
But we didn't trade with the Broncos for a player, we were going to give a future pick.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

What am I missing?

Is that both TO and Terry Glenn are not youngsters.

TO has had injuries in the last two seasons. So has Terry Glenn.

Aging vets don't work thru injuries as well as younger guys.

The Cowboys know they need to backup their WR's with a veteran WR to be able to step in for either Glenn or TO if they are in and out of the lineup this year.

Dallas has some options here. But the time to try to make a move is coming. Other teams that have some surplus WR's due to age or salary cap or injury problems from the past with their WR's..

..will be looking at those players to move them in trades before cutdowns are due shortly.

Dallas has players for a change other teams might want and also draft picks for next year to deal with if needed to sweeten a move.

Let's wait and see. WR is one area of possible need but also the OL seems due for a trade also. Especially if Fabini bombs on Monday Night. Peterman and others are not ready to move up and replace our G's if they don't perform, either. So "G" might need a move as well.

Let's see. These last tweaks heading into Labor Day could make or break some things at several positions.

Of course,if the trainers can handle the injuries and we don't get anymore of them..we might be able to sit pat and ride things out.

Anybody know how much we are under the cap right now..?

That would be part of the equation I think. Also what we might save if Henson is cut and Fabini's price if cut, too, to make room for their replacements.

parcellswaterboy

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
After thinking about this, I believe that it is because Parcells believes that TO could get an injury and miss games unlike Keyshawn.

Last year Parcells knew Key would play through injury but maybe TO can't/won't.

Thoughts?