Twitter: WR Rankings

Mr_437

Reaction score
Nabers is 1b to me.
Is Troy Franklin overrated?
I really some of the guys ranked 15-22, so Dallas can get a WR in the mid rounds.

morasp

Reaction score
For comparison, here are the WRs from last years draft w/ more than 500 yards receiving and more than 40 receptions

Puka Nacua 105/1486 177th pick
Rashee Rice 79/938 55th pick
Jordan Addison 70/911 23rd pick
Zay Flowers 77/858 22nd pick
Jayden Reed 64/793 50th pick
Josh Downs 68/771 79th pick
Tank Dell 47/709 69th pick
Jaxon Smith Njigba 63/628 20th pick

Footnotes:
1 Nacua was obviously this years outlier Like St. Brown for the Lions but having an Innovative coach like McVay certainly didn't hurt.
2 Flowers and Dell were headed for bigger numbers and missed time to injury but that was the knock on the smaller WRs going into the draft so it wasn't a big surprise.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Cowboys need to trade down into the early 2nd round and pick up either an extra 3rd rounder or at least a 4th round pick. Use that traded down early 2nd round pick on either one of the two Texas WRs (Mitchell or Worthy). That would solve our WR2 problem, finally give CeeDee some help and seriously open up this offense.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
I’d put Ladd ahead of Worthy. To me game tape supports this and I tried NOT to reach that conclusion.

Cowing at 11 and Polk at 13 are sneaky good.

Not sure what Pearsall did to get demoted to 22 but he’s a nice player. If he’s really 22, this receiver group is off the charts.

Someone asked about Franklin. Not sure why PAC defenses didn’t body him to throw him off his routes cuz that’s where he will struggle in the NFL. He had the luxury of playing on an offense with a ton of weapons. That being said, give him a free release and he’ll be a headache. They may have him positioned about right but I could easily see a handful of players listed below him having better NFL careers.

morasp

Reaction score
I’d put Ladd ahead of Worthy. To me game tape supports this and I tried NOT to reach that conclusion.

Cowing at 11 and Polk at 13 are sneaky good.

Not sure what Pearsall did to get demoted to 22 but he’s a nice player. If he’s really 22, this receiver group is off the charts.

Someone asked about Franklin. Not sure why PAC defenses didn’t body him to throw him off his routes cuz that’s where he will struggle in the NFL. He had the luxury of playing on an offense with a ton of weapons. That being said, give him a free release and he’ll be a headache. They may have him positioned about right but I could easily see a handful of players listed below him having better NFL careers.
I could see Ladd having a very good rookie season and wouldn't be upset if the Cowboys somehow ended up with him.

Flamma

Reaction score
Cowboys need to trade down into the early 2nd round and pick up either an extra 3rd rounder or at least a 4th round pick. Use that traded down early 2nd round pick on either one of the two Texas WRs (Mitchell or Worthy). That would solve our WR2 problem, finally give CeeDee some help and seriously open up this offense.
That sounds like a good plan. Just two things get in the way. I have a feeling they are drafting an OL. Besides that, do they even think this way? They never trade up. The only time they trade back is when a team asks them to trade back. They usually just sit there.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That sounds like a good plan. Just two things get in the way. I have a feeling they are drafting an OL. Besides that, do they even think this way? They never trade up. The only time they trade back is when a team asks them to trade back. They usually just sit there.
This front office is very dumb and unimaginative. They get outsmarted every time and make some horrendous decisions.

ccb04

Reaction score
Pearsall at #22 has to be a mistake or a joke lol. He's typically considered a 2nd round pick (ex: Daniel Jeremiah had him #39 recently in his top 50).
He's considered one of the best route runners; has decent size; good film; can play inside & shift outside; had a good week at the Senior Bowl; and tested very well at the combine: 4.41 40 ... 42" vertical jump ... 10' 9" broad jump ... 17 reps ... and had one of the best 3 cone times period at 6.64 seconds.
I would take him ahead of quite a few on this list.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I don’t know why, but I feel like Devontez Walker is destined to be a Cowboy.

He just seems to fit the mold of the tall, linear types they seem to like to fill the Gallup role.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Franklin is in my top 5 easy.

I’d also probably have Ladd over Worthy.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Nah, man, not after Worthy measured 6’-1”. He’s going Top 10 now.
Lol…

Worthy is fine…the whole world knew he’d run fast so I’m not going to jump him into the 1st just because he did. For as fast as he was the small size negated the combine performance for me.

Carson

Reaction score

He just seems to fit the mold of the tall, linear types they seem to like to fill the Gallup role.
I agree. I have been saying it for a while now

Round 1 - Tyler Guyton / Jordan Morgan
Round 2- Jonathan Brooks / Tez
Round 3 - Tez Walker / Jonathan Brooks
Round 5 - Trevin Wallace

Jake0

Reaction score

This is a historic WR class with a bunch of burners so it's a good time to get a burner to be a complimentary #2 to CD and give him space to be the target hog. Cooks probably gone next year and this year is probably a rebuild year anyway so don't need to draft for need this year. He looks like the best tall burner WR to get in the 2nd/3rd, probably need to use the 2nd though.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This is a historic WR class with a bunch of burners so it's a good time to get a burner to be a complimentary #2 to CD and give him space to be the target hog. Cooks probably gone next year and this year is probably a rebuild year anyway so don't need to draft for need this year. He looks like the best tall burner WR to get in the 2nd/3rd, probably need to use the 2nd though.
I think he’ll be taken in the 3rd. He may not be available at the Cowboys pick but I think he’ll ultimately end up being taken there.

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
Javon Baker...don't let his 40 time fool you (4.54). Play's faster than that.
Has great body control, very savvy route runner. Makes the contested catch look easy. Ball skills are NFL Caliber Can play the X or Y.
Has had some drops, but some of those can be contributed from poor QB play and a higher number of contested throws.