WVU football

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
In response to the West Virginia football thread.

Geno is not the same type of QB that Newton and RG are.

He is a pass first, pure pocket passer, ... only throwing when the play breaks down.

I believe Holgorsen has said that there is not even a play in the play book calling for Geno to run. (except for the QB sneak)

He is the real deal.

In the first two games, he is 32-36 and 33-38. You count the incompletions.

He has 9 TD passes.

He is so smart, so poised and humble, ... gotta love the kid.

Aikbach

Reaction score
I don't think you've ever watched Griffin then because you just described him, the fact he can throw out of the pocket if he need be doesn't mean he nor Newton are Vick.

Reaction score
Aikbach;4727900 said:
I don't think you've ever watched Griffin then because you just described him, the fact he can throw out of the pocket if he need be doesn't mean he nor Newton are Vick.

Agreed. Griffin is a pocket passer. People think just because he's black that he's not a pocket passer, but he is. Every bit as much as Luck.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
What I meant by my post was that Geno is not a runner, cannot run very well, looks awkward running, ... I don't want him to run.

RG3 and Newton are both very dangerous running the ball.

I wasn't saying anything bad about Griffin, .. just the opposite.

And I sure was not referring to the color of his skin in any way, shape or form.

RS12

Reaction score
87% completion and a 218 rating 10.5 yards per pass is ridiculous. The guy is so accurate, is looking more like first round material every week. Not sure why they had to close the old thread.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Because you cannot bump old threads. Just start a new one as you did.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
RS12;4727974 said:
87% completion and a 218 rating 10.5 yards per pass is ridiculous. The guy is so accurate, is looking more like first round material every week. Not sure why they had to close the old thread.

he's pretty darn good! I hope they keep it rolling against the terps as a warmup for osu.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Mountaineerfan;4728054 said:
he's pretty darn good! I hope they keep it rolling against the terps as a warmup for osu.

OSU is not until Nov. 10, we have a ton of work to do before that.

Let's worry about Maryland first.

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4727903 said:
Agreed. Griffin is a pocket passer. People think just because he's black that he's not a pocket passer, but he is. Every bit as much as Luck.

Welp Geno is black also so not sure what ur point is