WVU vs. Pitt

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Pretty good game going on. 24-24 with a minute left in the first half.

The block on that punt return was something else.

Palko has looked terrific. He's got everything a QB needs to be successful on the next level. Only decent enough arm strength but makes up for it with great pocket presence. A left-handed Romo.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
StanleySpadowski;1167312 said:
Pretty good game going on. 24-24 with a minute left in the first half.

The block on that punt return was something else.

Palko has looked terrific. He's got everything a QB needs to be successful on the next level. Only decent enough arm strength but makes up for it with great pocket presence. A left-handed Romo.

He has done well this year but he was a major flop before this year IMO.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1167322 said:
He has done well this year but he was a major flop before this year IMO.

I don't know BP, 24/7, 17/9 the last two years TD/INT even with an easy schedule isn't really a "major flop".

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
StanleySpadowski;1167341 said:
I don't know BP, 24/7, 17/9 the last two years TD/INT even with an easy schedule isn't really a "major flop".

:laugh2:

I seen him play enough the last couple of years to say he has been a flop because he was so overhyped it was not funny.

Now I have not seen him play this year and when they showed the stats for this year at the start of the game I was shocked.

You just had to see him before this year, you can not just go on the stats as it seemed he would make those bone head mistakes at crucial times in the games that would cost his team.

One int is not a big deal, unless it is in a situation that cost your team the game.

Now, he seems to have gotten past that, and maybe his QB coach is a big part of it, from what the announcers have been saying he has helped a great deal and Palko has really went above and beyond his preparations this year.

Just this first half of this game I see a night and day difference from how has played in the past...just night and day.

Like I said I don't know if it is his QB Coach, if it is just finally clicking for Palko this year or a combination of both, but this is not the same QB that has played for Pitt the last couple of years.

I am actually impressed with what I have seen so far, was FAR from impressed the last couple of years.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
I agree he's really upped his play this year over year's past, but isn't that a good thing when a player improves each season?

Big run by White there BTW.

It's tough to play the "overhyped" card unless you're getting a Pittsburgh station though. 95% of the country's never heard of him.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having the Pitt FB Collins on the team next year. Also, Palko would be a nice 3rd QB.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rack;1167446 said:
I wouldn't mind having the Pitt FB Collins on the team next year. Also, Palko would be a nice 3rd QB.

That FB is pretty good but I don't think he is coming out, I could be wrong but I think he is a sophomore.

WVU's FB is pretty darn good as well but he is nursing an injury right now and even then I doubt if he comes out yet.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
StanleySpadowski;1167361 said:
I agree he's really upped his play this year over year's past, but isn't that a good thing when a player improves each season?

Big run by White there BTW.

It's tough to play the "overhyped" card unless you're getting a Pittsburgh station though. 95% of the country's never heard of him.

Well when you live in big east country and Pitt is one of your main rivals you hear enough. Plus, we actually do have a pitts sports channel in my neck of the woods lol.