WWE Survey Asks Fans If They Would Like To Bring Back The Cruiserweight Division

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While this article states it would be a bad idea I think it would be a great idea. Dropping the Diva's division and adding the Cruiserwieght division would improve the overall product by light years. I beg Vince to do this!!!

WWE News: WWE Survey Asks Fans If They Would Like To Bring Back The Cruiserweight Division

Despite what we might think, WWE does care about fan opinions. We’re the ones who make the company a success, so they clearly want to make sure we are happy. That is why WWE will send out surveys off and on to WWE fans, asking their opinion on certain subjects. This time around, WWE asked fans if they wanted to bring back the absent Cruiserweight Division.

The survey asked fans if they wanted like cruiserweights to have their own weekly TV show on the network, be used as part of NXT, be used as a feature on Main Event, or be used on RAW and SmackDown. This could be a clue about what WWE is planning with the WWE Network. On TV, WWE does not have the room to bring in a lot of cruiserweights. However, they could have a big say on the network. However, many feel that this could be a couple years too late on WWE’s end.

Today, about 70 percent of WWE’s roster fits within the Cruiserweight and Lightheavyweight Division weight class, and that number is larger with the inclusion of NXT. Some who are slightly heavier could also fit. The fact that most of the roster is smaller than before is a good thing to most, as the wrestling is better. However, when you have so many that fit within another division, does that make them lesser than? If so, how do others at the same size look in comparison?

While many of us have asked WWE to bring back the Cruiserweight Division many times in the past, they have refrained from it. Now, it could be too late for fans to really care. Many will see this division as WWE’s lesser than division, and not as a stepping stone to popularity like it used to be. With the fact that WWE still has the United States and Intercontinental Titles, the company probably has no need to bring back the Cruiserweight Title. So what would be the point?

Read more: http://www.inquisitr.com/1590145/ww...e-cruiserweight-division/#FzBIOVTfwVHfDwSJ.99

DeanMalenko.jpg

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it's an interesting idea.

If they gave the division new resources, it could do well.

But my gut feeling is that they would simply take resources from other divisions to make the new division go.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I'll just watch Lucha Underground instead. Doubt they'd do it right anyway.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I wouldn't be in favor of it because Vince and Co. have showed that they have no clue how to create an effective cruiserweight division. And they have had success with small wrestlers like Mysterio and Eddy.

The cruiserweight division should be designed to showcase smaller wrestlers and get them involved in storylines that people can care about. From there, they can possibly move up the ladder by winning the tag belts, maybe the I-C belt and potentially moving to the world title. But, therein lies another problem....there are too many belts already and they have become naturally devalued.

The wrestlers have to do their part as well. The issue with the cruisers in most American wrestling promotions is that their in-ring work is too over-choreographed. A good cruiser division is like the ones that have been built in Japan where the cruisers still wrestle in a plausible fashion, but move at a much faster pace and do some innovative moves. And the idea is that they eventually build up a following and move onto the heavyweight division with that following. It's really less about having 5-star matches than people think.

Although if it would take away some time from the awful Divas division, I guess that is addition by subtraction.

YR