Xbox - Darkwatch - Review

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Hey folks -

I picked the game up lastnight. Im a good ways into so I thought I might drop a review on this different take on video game shooter. You are Jericho, and outlaw cowboy back in the old west days. You are bitten by a master vampire and begin to make your way through the game either to kill him or to become more powerful than him (good vamp or bad vamp). In the beginning and sometimes throughout the game you are helped along by a human gunslinger named Cassidy. Shes basically your hot big chested cowboy you typically see dressed in tight fitting leather tops and legs and boots out on the open range. At least when I rustled cattle back in Oklahoma. I saw them constantly. Like black birds on the telphone wire. Lined up all over the place. :D She also has the attitude to match the outfit.

The game controls are not much different than Halo2. You get a bit more vertigo w/ this game. The controls are very sensitive from the start. I suggest backing these down from the default. Once you get used to the controls and your vamp powers. The game really takes off. The cut scenes are some of the best ive seen in a game thus far. The monsters are top notch and very scary. Once you actually find yourself riding flat out for your lives on horseback covering your own butt (360 deg) as well as Cassidy. Try and keep her in front of you :D uhhh much easier to keep her alive. No really!

The AI is pretty good. You get a crossbow in the game which shoots explosive arrows. When the arrows stick to the monsters, they actually start yelling to the other minions to "run away run away". I actually laughed out loud once I figured out what they were saying.

All in all...a fun shooter if you like shooters. It should attract some folks who dont like them much just for the fact of the environment and different scenarios you find your character Jericho involved in.

It does supprt MP on Xbox live. I dont know if its just a free for all frag fest or just content download. Im betting download. Live is nice but they dont really do much w/ games like these unless they are Halo/Halo2.

Check it out ...Ill try and add more later as I get further into the game.

This is Cassidy btw

02.jpg

DarkWatch Website for up to date info and screenies....

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
I'm more of a brunette, killer, hot, big-chested gunslinger, vampire slayin', heavily armored type of girl kinda guy myself...