Xbox to raise fees for online gaming

Hoofbite

Reaction score
tomson75;3523990 said:
I'm having a hard time getting too worked up about an extra 2 bucks a month.....it's still worth it IMO.

I have limited experience with PS3 online gaming, despite the fact I've owned one for two years...it just wasn't very good when I tried it. It may have improved since then. Both systems have their advantages, but the online gaming on the Xbox always seemed superior in previous years...

I haven't played a game in three months....might need to dust off the controller.

I was in Best buy yesterday looking at the leapfrog stuff for my 5yo.....and happened to notice the headsets they had in there. IIRC, they were from turtle beach.....anyone have any experience with these? I'm going to start taking my console to work with me, and a good headset would be nice to avoid bothering the hell out of the rest of my crew.

I haven't tried a pair of turtle beach headphones but I have tried the Trittons.

They were pretty nice, little bit of a pain in the *** to be tethered to the controller and the console.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3523719 said:
I find that hard to believe.

Biggest complain I have heard is the microphones suck and if you play multiplayer, not many people even have mics.

XBL is second to none, IMO. As soon as ESPN hits this thing, it's gonna be ***** sweet.

Im not going to get into some fanboy arguement. I was just on the PS3 community last night and played w/ my friends just fine. As a matter of fact, we had a lot of people just dropping into our games and playing. I added 3 new buds just from goofing around. I never got that on XBOX live. I also have a bluetooth earpiece which I absolutely hear everything on, so I don't know where you are getting your information. Maybe they just have pos mics?

The content on the PS3 community is also SECOND to none. The movies and series available are 10x more than ZUNE offers and I also have Netflix. Sony also launches its movies early on the PS3 before they are even available in the stores. I watched Kick *** a few days prior to it getting to Blue-Ray.

I dont know. I have been an Xbox member since it launched. I personally find the experience on the PS3 community a little more friendly and far more fun.

Its just more enjoyable to me.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
tomson75;3524135 said:
Good lookin' out on the headsets....now I just have to figure out a way to convince my fiance' that spending a bill on a gaming headset is necessary. :eek::

I would expect that your new year should be added on to the end of your current one, but I would most definitely ask first. Let us know what you find out....I may have to follow suit.

Will do. I'm going to ask my local Gamestop folks about it when I go in to put a little more down on my reserved copy of Black Ops.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Hoofbite;3523717 said:
For now. They're rolling out a pay service soon, I think.
It's optional but it's totally not worth it. It's called Playstation Plus and they hardly ever give away free things.

CowBoyRod

Reaction score
Hoofbite;3523717 said:
For now. They're rolling out a pay service soon, I think.

Are you talking about Playstation Plus?
If so, that has nothing to do with online gaming portion of the PS3.

Everything that was free before Playstation+ is still free, including online gaming.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
LOL, and this is one reason why PC gaming will always be superior.

Though I understand some 'games' have subscriptions, you're always free not to buy the games, if you want online play with XBOX, though, you gotta pay.

People have been saying a while that PC gaming is dying but it isn't. PC gaming is a bit more money to keep up with in terms of upgrade but it's by far superior. It has a modding community, better graphics as well as having figured out that the only real way to play an FPS game is with a keyboard and a mouse.

That aside, I have an XBOX 360. But I modded it and burned my own games. I bought green boxes identical to the color of 360 boxes and printed my own covers, just like the real thing. Unfortunately, Microsoft *finally* after a few years detected the modification and my console was banned off live. Fair enough, I played with fire and got burned. I mainly use it as a media extender now.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I have a PS3 and a PC for gaming. I pay zero to play online. :)

XBOX, not only do you have to pay, you get to have a broke *** machine that gets rings of death. No thanks.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Love my PC, PS3 and my 360. All three have aspects I enjoy when it comes to gaming and other forms of entertainment.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
TheCount;3527968 said:
Love my PC, PS3 and my 360. All three have aspects I enjoy when it comes to gaming and other forms of entertainment.

What is your favorite part about the 360? Paying for it? :laugh2:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
CowBoyRod;3527727 said:
Are you talking about Playstation Plus?
If so, that has nothing to do with online gaming portion of the PS3.

Everything that was free before Playstation+ is still free, including online gaming.

I said above it didn't effect playing online (although I think it will in the future).

rkell87

Reaction score
tupperware;3527878 said:
LOL, and this is one reason why PC gaming will always be superior.

Though I understand some 'games' have subscriptions, you're always free not to buy the games, if you want online play with XBOX, though, you gotta pay.

People have been saying a while that PC gaming is dying but it isn't. PC gaming is a bit more money to keep up with in terms of upgrade but it's by far superior. It has a modding community, better graphics as well as having figured out that the only real way to play an FPS game is with a keyboard and a mouse.

That aside, I have an XBOX 360. But I modded it and burned my own games. I bought green boxes identical to the color of 360 boxes and printed my own covers, just like the real thing. Unfortunately, Microsoft *finally* after a few years detected the modification and my console was banned off live. Fair enough, I played with fire and got burned. I mainly use it as a media extender now.
so you have a $400 "media extender" and admit you have to pay more in maintenance and upgrades to play the computer games you want, and your completely wrong about console FPS.....yeah PS3 is the way to go