News: Ya want a WR who is QB friendly? Robert Woods

Reid1boys

Reaction score
No thanks. TY looked good to me in his limited time. We either go big with Hopkins or Evans or we draft again. No need to bring in another guy at the end of his career and think they will help. Did I hear correctly? Is hopkins about to be a 27 million cap hit? If so, Ill pass on him as well, but Hopkins lined up with Lamb would be a great combo. I just looked and he has a base salary of 19 million in 23 and a cap hit of THIRTY MILLION. So if he were traded, would that mean his new team only absorbs 19 million on their 23 cap, or do they absorb 30 million cap hit? 19 million can be done.... nobody taking on 30 million.

blueblood70

Reaction score
we welcome your tired, used up, and injured...welcome to Dallas, u have a home.
so a fan suggested on sm page and its the Cowboys FO that gets mocked. hmm ironically hypocritical. especially since the 2 WRs that the Cowboys are linked too both played for the rams who allegedly had the blueprint to A SB plan. so its ok for those franchises to be linked to rumors but hey Mock the Jonses.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No thanks. TY looked good to me in his limited time. We either go big with Hopkins or Evans or we draft again. No need to bring in another guy at the end of his career and think they will help. Did I hear correctly? Is hopkins about to be a 27 million cap hit? If so, Ill pass on him as well, but Hopkins lined up with Lamb would be a great combo. I just looked and he has a base salary of 19 million in 23 and a cap hit of THIRTY MILLION. So if he were traded, would that mean his new team only absorbs 19 million on their 23 cap, or do they absorb 30 million cap hit? 19 million can be done.... nobody taking on 30 million.
agreed a TY type or TY if HE wants to play and entire season. not sure he does. but we could use a vet with little left in the tank who can be healthy as a #3

Rayman70

Reaction score
Robert Woods in Not a difference maker.

He's not AJ Brown.
can't believe anyone can even disagree with THAT^. Hes been sliding downhill fast since his Rams days. Injuries matter. I think I will pass if I am Dallas. Rather Resign Ty Hilton and draft a guy.

Carson

Reaction score
can't believe anyone can even disagree with THAT^. Hes been sliding downhill fast since his Rams days. Injuries matter. I think I will pass if I am Dallas. Rather Resign Ty Hilton and draft a guy.
The big issue is, Hilton has been vocal about spending time with his kids and avoiding camp.

He may not want to sign and go through camp, preseason etc. and sign on with a team later in the season.

Woods will.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Woods is really not that much different than Gallup. Heck, it's who I compared Gallup to coming out of college.

I have no issue signing or drafting a WR in case Gallup doesn't get back to 100%, but Woods is not it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The big issue is, Hilton has been vocal about spending time with his kids and avoiding camp.

He may not want to sign and go through camp, preseason etc. and sign on with a team later in the season.

Woods will.
that NOT a reason to sign a payer ie willing to come to TC and practice lol AC had an issue with this and got the boot. BUT I'm sure better WR then woods and available will also be willing to come practice and go through camp.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Why sign him when Noah brown matched his production in fewer catches.

Noah brown
43 catches 555 yards 3 tds

Robert Woods
53 catches 527 yards 2 tds

Carson

Reaction score
that NOT a reason to sign a payer ie willing to come to TC and practice lol AC had an issue with this and got the boot. BUT I'm sure better WR then woods and available will also be willing to come practice and go through camp.
I didn’t say it’s the reason.

I was pointing out to the people who want Hilton instead of Woods, is that he may not want to go through camp again. By comparison, Woods whom this thread is speaking specifically about will be ready lfor any team who signs him.

I am not very pro Woods and would take Hilton over him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I didn’t say it’s the reason.

I was pointing out to the people who want Hilton instead of Woods, is that he may not want to go through camp again. By comparison, Woods whom this thread is speaking specifically about will be ready lfor any team who signs him.

I am not very pro Woods and would take Hilton over him.
I dont think woods is an upgrade over Brown, prove me wrong.. ..rather hear some true FA options that can improve the wr core not just get another body in here.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why sign him when Noah brown matched his production in fewer catches.

Noah brown
43 catches 555 yards 3 tds

Robert Woods
53 catches 527 yards 2 tds
right my thoughts exactly this dude is overrated and not an upgrade. Lets talk about real options not big trades that cost draft picks and 20mil salaries but who becomes available that can be an #3 or a 2a type upgrade CD is our 1 and i believe Gallup will be improved this year and be the 2 but we could use some speed , a true take the lid off the d type...

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
why wasn't everybody crying about needing superstar receivers when rush was playing? Brown was the star when he played, why can't dak find him or any of the other WRs?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
right my thoughts exactly this dude is overrated and not an upgrade. Lets talk about real options not big trades that cost draft picks and 20mil salaries but who becomes available that can be an #3 or a 2a type upgrade CD is our 1 and i believe Gallup will be improved this year and be the 2 but we could use some speed , a true take the lid off the d type...
Everybody wants that 20mil wr until yr 2 comes and he counts for 24mil, because in yr one when it looked like a good idea because he had a yr 1 cap of around 12mil. Then everybody hates the deal and again Jerry is just about money.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Everybody wants that 20mil wr until yr 2 comes and he counts for 24mil, because in yr one when it looked like a good idea because he had a yr 1 cap of around 12mil. Then everybody hates the deal and again Jerry is just about money.
Dak went 2-0 vs the top 2 seeds in the nfc, beating both by a combined score of 80-37. Rush was 0-1

Daks stats avg between the 2 games.

Dak 310 yards 2.5 tds .5int
Rush 181 yards 1td 3int

The numbers don't even tell how bad the difference is

blueblood70

Reaction score
NO assume CD getting that big pay day very soon, can NOT go after another #2 in that same 20mil range, show me a team that has TWO receivers, both right now making 20+mil each...many are already dumping those types for the rookie options or awaiting year 2 new deals. i mean i doubt Philly will keep both AJ and Smith once smith new deal comes up.. its just the way the cap works.