Yada Yada...my observation so far this off-season

ODawg

Benched
Reaction score
What can I say things are looking pretty darn good from my chair...what about yall? I know being the fact that I live in Wichita, Kansas I work with a bunch of KC fans and let me tell ya they are worried...They are giving us props even though they dont want too. I must say I have to give the front office some love so far...Not too shabby I must say. I cant wait till the draft. How is everyones mood so far...Let me know...Holla

StevenOtero

Reaction score
We'll find out for real when the season starts. I do a agree though.

DBoys

Reaction score
I am pretty excited too the only thing that worries me is the OL.

I will cut Rivera, Al Johnson, and Petitti some slack because they had nagging injuries last year. I don't trust Al at center I would rather have Gurode if he can get the signals straight. Having Fabini in at RT makes me feel really good. The only other question mark is Kosier and I will trust BP on that one. If our OL can get good we will have ascary offense and JuJo will have a big year.

Defense is coming back healthy and with some good draft pickups be in really good shape. We also have Kalen, Singleton coming back from injuries so that makes us immediatly better.

Scotman

Reaction score
DBoys said:
I am pretty excited too the only thing that worries me is the OL.

I will cut Rivera, Al Johnson, and Petitti some slack because they had nagging injuries last year. I don't trust Al at center I would rather have Gurode if he can get the signals straight. Having Fabini in at RT makes me feel really good. The only other question mark is Kosier and I will trust BP on that one. If our OL can get good we will have ascary offense and JuJo will have a big year.

Defense is coming back healthy and with some good draft pickups be in really good shape. We also have Kalen, Singleton coming back from injuries so that makes us immediatly better.

I have to agree with just about everything in this post. While we may be all right on the O-line ( a BIG if in my opinion), we couldn't be much thinner. I honestly would like to see the boys address this heavily in the draft with a first or second rounder and a couple more guys from the fourth on. As far as which positions on the O-line, I think all of them are relatively thin. I don't care. Give me another center, guard or tackle. The line is too thin as it stands right now to be competitive in the NFCE.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
At minimum, you gotta believe we are much improved at WR, K ......

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ODawg said:
What can I say things are looking pretty darn good from my chair...what about yall? I know being the fact that I live in Wichita, Kansas I work with a bunch of KC fans and let me tell ya they are worried...They are giving us props even though they dont want too. I must say I have to give the front office some love so far...Not too shabby I must say. I cant wait till the draft. How is everyones mood so far...Let me know...Holla
I'm right there with you ODawg. This is a KC city big time isn't it? Just as important as this off season, at least we beat the Chefs last year. The people I work with would have had a field day if they had won. The draft can't get here soon enough for me.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
ODawg said:

Things are looking great; we haven 't had one loss all offseason - not even from Drew Hensen. :laugh2:

lspain1

Reaction score
Lots of decent moves, but still worries about the O-Line. The draft will not settle the worries for this year. This line has a lot new faces and will have to gel quickly if the Cowboys are going to make a run. Early part of the schedule is tough if the rumors are correct.

J-DOG

Reaction score
I like what we have done so far.
I wish we could have landed that NT from Baltimore in free agency but he was being courted by a lot of teams.
O-line concerns me too but right now I want a FS.
If this defense is to be complete we need a FS with range.
We don't have one right now.
Needs
FS
OLB
Depth at NT
Depth at O-line
Depth at WR

followthestar

Reaction score
i think a lot of people are overlooking the coaching changes - the pecking order is not the same and there are several new faces, as well as Sparano moving up, etc. But as we all trust in Bill, who ultimately calls all the shots, i'll just assume he's happy with the changes therefore so am i.
losing LA hurts us i think but adding TO for about the same $$$ is a great trade-off, and i suspect makes Glenn a bonafide deep threat and we know how well Bledsoe and Glenn function together - should be some serious fireworks in our passing game this year if we can protect Drew...
and i think we will. OL will be addressed in the draft, and possibly with our second round pick, but i should think definitely the first day we'll take an OT. i wish we would have gotten a premier Center in FA (you know who i mean) but its still a position we haven't nailed down yet. but again, this is a unit that CAN'T have a worse season than last - its just not possible is it?
Julius will light it up this year IMO and finally press for that crazy goal of his - 1700 yards was it? he'll get about 13 of them i hope. but he'll probably be splitting time again with Barber and Thompson, who having gained more experience, might still end up being the diamond in the rough many seem to think he is.
throw in a nice centerfield-type FS who can make some big plays and another LB in the Parcells mold, team it up with an awesome young DL, sprinkle with one of the most accurate FG kickers in league history, and i have to say i like our chances...

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REVENGE ON THE SKINS (congrats to them for breaking that horrible, humiliating losing streak they had against us) :) now i think its down to 13 of the last 17 meetings we've won...

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
lspain1 said:
Lots of decent moves, but still worries about the O-Line. The draft will not settle the worries for this year. This line has a lot new faces and will have to gel quickly if the Cowboys are going to make a run. Early part of the schedule is tough if the rumors are correct.

i agree 100%

i think this season's success will be big/small with how well the o-line plays. i just dont feel comfortable having gurode/johnson back or with kosier at LG. im just very uncomfortable right now about the OL

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
ODawg said:

I've always thought that KC fans are some of the classiest fans in the whole league... They are a rabid and passionate bunch at Arrowhead Stadium.

I'll always remember the game right after 9/11 and NYG had to go play in Arrowhead... NY got a standing ovation when they took the field and I thought WOW... What a great bunch of fans...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
aardvark said:
I've always thought that KC fans are some of the classiest fans in the whole league... They are a rabid and passionate bunch at Arrowhead Stadium.

I'll always remember the game right after 9/11 and NYG had to go play in Arrowhead... NY got a standing ovation when they took the field and I thought WOW... What a great bunch of fans...
Trust me, they all are NOT as ............... classy.

vicjagger

Reaction score
I'll always remember the game right after 9/11 and NYG had to go play in Arrowhead...

Now how did the NFL let that happen w/o giving the Giants an extra home game?