Yahoo: Harbaugh makes Stanford tough to beat

Dion2288

Reaction score
I read this article, about Jim Harbaugh, which got me excited. Some of the elements of the article reminded me of the mentality Jimmy Johnson had, which it seems a majority of us miss.

I'm posting this on the Fan Zone because I've seen a few people mention his name as a future HC candidate. Count me in!

Stanford had scored eight touchdowns on USC, part of a 55-21 annihilation inside the Los Angeles Coliseum last November, and now some of the Trojans were bailing for cover, jogging to their locker room without a postgame handshake.

Jim Harbaugh, Stanford’s coach, saw it as the seconds wound down and expressed amazement. The Cardinal had stunned USC two years prior, a 41-point underdog making a statement with an historic upset. This was different. This was a show of force and the retreating Trojans told the story.

“Hey, look at them all running in,” Harbaugh said. “Look at them all running in.”

Moments later Harbaugh met up with then-USC coach Pete Carroll, who, believing Stanford had run up the score, had one question for his counterpart.

“What’s your deal?” Carroll asked.

“What’s your deal?” Harbaugh shot back.

What’s fading quickly is any belief that Stanford should concede to any other program in the country. It’s been replaced by an aggressive, physical, take-no-prisoners attitude best represented by its hard-driving coach.

Full Article Link: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-harbaugh092910

Jack-Reacher

MTRS-Jon
Reaction score
I like Stanford, I think they have a solid roster and I like the attitude that they play ball with. I think that they not only give Oregon all that they can handle this weekend, but they come out of Autzen with a "W" in a close game.