Yakuza Rich: My Meaningless Thoughts on the Game...

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
My Meaningless Thoughts on the Game
by Yakuza Rich
http://yakuzarich.blogspot.com

- Great day by Folk, outside of the kick that went O.B. 4 made field goals, all from 40+ yards.

- THIS is why Dallas signed Carlos Polk, for those who wanted him released.

- Nice to see the defense take their lumps early on, not give up too many points, and then get in their groove and play well.

- Typical Troy, every call is supposed to go against Dallas. Because he keeps on doing it, I'll keep on saying it...trying to show you're not biased by going out of your way to make ridiculous statements against the Cowboys is JUST AS BAD as being a blind homer.

- I don't think I've ever seen a team false start at home as much as the Cowboys.

- I don't particularly care for Dallas using the shotgun on 1st and 2nd downs so early in the game because it takes away the play action pass, but I think Dallas was doing it because of SF's confusing fronts and Romo's pinky.

- Romo looked okay, but he protected the ball. He was inconsistent with his throws and it's probably going to be a few more weeks before he consistently puts zip and a spiral on the ball.

- I really like this rookie class. Between Felix, Jenkins, Bennett, Choice and Scandrick...all of them are producing. And producing on a pretty solid team...it's easy to get production from rookies when your team stinks.

- Spencer looked good today, but Henry still has me worried. Gets beat too often.

- It's amazing...one big throw to Owens early on and it completely sets the tone for the offense. That's why he gets all the hype.

- One of the things I notice about the "changes" on offense is Dallas runs a lot more slant patterns with Owens.

- Hopefully Kosier is okay.

- Overall, I'm very pleased with this win because this game had me legitimately scared...figuring this is a time that Dallas likes to let up and they'll be playing a motivated SF squad under Singletary and Martz did really well against Wade's defense last year with the Lions. But after taking a few jabs in the mouth, the team hung in there and won comfortably. Thanksgiving will be the Seahawks with a good shot at going 8-4 and put them in solid position for the playoffs. Not bad considering all of the injuries they have had.

YAKUZA

Dallyjake

Reaction score
Anthony "the Drum" Henry is going to cost us big time. Can he cover anyone? Bruce abused the snot out of him yesterday. I hope Jenkins in not too banged up. These coaches have to see how bad Henry is in coverage right now. Get him off the field and rework his deal(stealing money).

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
- Overall, I'm very pleased with this win because this game had me legitimately scared...figuring this is a time that Dallas likes to let up and they'll be playing a motivated SF squad under Singletary and Martz did really well against Wade's defense last year with the Lions. But after taking a few jabs in the mouth, the team hung in there and won comfortably. Thanksgiving will be the Seahawks with a good shot at going 8-4 and put them in solid position for the playoffs. Not bad considering all of the injuries they have had.

Yes, and we all know how bad we play lately in the month of Dec.......

lspain1

Reaction score
Nothing is proven for this team even if they destroy the Seahawks on Thursday. Get by the Seahawks.....and then December awaits. The playoffs are NOT assured.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2440366 said:
Yes, and we all know how bad we play lately in the month of Dec.......

that is a myth that will be put to rest this year.

Re Martz, I was choked with the way he allegedly had little respect for our DBs etc

Who does that goof think he is, he was a failure as a head coach and done nothing as an OC since then.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Good thoughts! I agree with just about everything on here, except I really didn't notice Troy being annoying.

For me, here is my list:

The good:

1) Ratliff. He is our DMVP this year.

2) Romo - he had some rusty throws and still isn't 100%, but he is doing something he had stopped doing before the injury, and that's creating. The TO play was a great play by both he and TO.

3) Newman - other than losing the ball on one play, he still looks nice out there.

The not so good:

1) Coaching/play calling. Whoever thinks its OK to dial back and try to kill the clock on a 21 point lead with over 6 minutes left in the 3rd against a Mike Martz offense is on crack. I got the feeling that when we got the ball back and started trying to run that we were going to play it safe. There was a LOT of game left, and we weren't dominating on controlling the ball. We were just getting nice big plays.

2) Everyone in the first quarter and half of the second quarter. I was shocked that everyone felt we were so dominant. I thought we looked not so great against a lot of these guys until a few big plays. The beginning of the game was embarrassing.

3) The OL - Made running too hard. Those guys are too big to not make better holes.

The Noteworthy

1) TO - I didn't put him in the good column, because I don't know that he dominated as much as San Fran just didn't play him correctly. I mean, one on one streaking down field is too easy, right? What coach would call that mess? Had he caught the hook he would be in the good category.

2) The pass rush - even when they didn't get there they were near him. Good job.

3) Special teams. You never know which ones are going to show up.

Reaction score
Dallyjake;2440363 said:
Anthony "the Drum" Henry is going to cost us big time. Can he cover anyone? Bruce abused the snot out of him yesterday. I hope Jenkins in not too banged up. These coaches have to see how bad Henry is in coverage right now. Get him off the field and rework his deal(stealing money).

No worries....

The Rain Man will be back soon.... And Henry will permantly go to Safety barring injury.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;2440340 said:
- Typical Troy, every call is supposed to go against Dallas. Because he keeps on doing it, I'll keep on saying it...trying to show you're not biased by going out of your way to make ridiculous statements against the Cowboys is JUST AS BAD as being a blind homer.

Do you have an example of what he said?

goliadmike

reader of rue
Reaction score
My Meaningless Thoughts on the Game
by Yakuza Rich
http://yakuzarich.blogspot.com

- Great day by Folk, outside of the kick that went O.B. 4 made field goals, all from 40+ yards.

Agree

- THIS is why Dallas signed Carlos Polk, for those who wanted him released.
:)

- Nice to see the defense take their lumps early on, not give up too many points, and then get in their groove and play well.

The defense had me worried early and then by the middle of the third quarter I was actually looking forward to seeing them get on the field and go after the 9er's QB. In the fourth when we started using the nickel and dime almost exclusively I was a little mad that we let up on the pressure and started with that soft zone defense.

I almost to the point where I'm going to turn on the radio broadcast and listen to Brad and Babe instead of Troy and Joe.

- I don't think I've ever seen a team false start at home as much as the Cowboys.

And it's not just Adams now Davis and Colombo had their share. Maybe it's a disease.

- I don't particularly care for Dallas using the shotgun on 1st and 2nd downs so early in the game because it takes away the play action pass, but I think Dallas was doing it because of SF's confusing fronts and Romo's pinky.

I didn't mind the formation and I still like to see them run that draw out of it.

- Romo looked okay, but he protected the ball. He was inconsistent with his throws and it's probably going to be a few more weeks before he consistently puts zip and a spiral on the ball.

I was happy to see Romo scrambling more and using his feet to extend the play today. He seemed more like the Romo from last year instead of the Brady/Romo he has been at times this year.

- I really like this rookie class. Between Felix, Jenkins, Bennett, Choice and Scandrick...all of them are producing. And producing on a pretty solid team...it's easy to get production from rookies when your team stinks.

I am happy with them to, but I can understand why Phillips is a little hesitant with the Rookies. I did see one play where I thought Barber missed a block, but Tony came over to Bennett and seemed to be getting on him and pointing to the guy he was supposed to be blocking. I'm still not sure if Choice can pick up pass blocking assignments.

- Spencer looked good today, but Henry still has me worried. Gets beat too often.

I think you should add Davis to the worried list. I don't know why the 9er's didn't do to Vernon Davis more he seemed to be beating Kieth like a drum. I like Keith in run support and love the big hits but he seems clueless on coverage and he was no help to Newman on that long floater Hill threw up just before he got nailed.

- It's amazing...one big throw to Owens early on and it completely sets the tone for the offense. That's why he gets all the hype.

Yes get the man the ball. I just wish he had better concentration.

- One of the things I notice about the "changes" on offense is Dallas runs a lot more slant patterns with Owens.

And they didn't run the reverse this week. woot woot!!!!

- Hopefully Kosier is okay.

:crossed::pray:

Another thing I have noticed is that the defense seems to be playing more physical than they were at the beginning of the year and I hope that trend continues. Good update yakuza. I always like reading what you put post.