Ya'll ready. v2

cnuball21

Reaction score
Well...this team took a turn for the better quickly. Should've given TB more credit for giving the OL fits in week 1 as they are an outstanding front 7 but the OL has vastly improved the last 2 weeks and Coop is doing a good job of driving the bus.

That being said, even when Dak and co. do come back I still think this team is a few pieces away on O to make a big run so I think we'll be picking just inside the top 20.

I'm still targeting DL, OL and probably LBr we're probably just looking at a different tier of players.

RS12

Reaction score
Said it a million times I never complain when they draft trenches. You don't win without it. Put it this way, I d rather whiff on Josh Ball than Nashon Wright.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Said it a million times I never complain when they draft trenches. You don't win without it. Put it this way, I d rather whiff on Josh Ball than Nashon Wright.

100%...

Win the LOS on both sides of the ball and you have a good chance.

Obviously want to continue to upgrade talent where you can but we're seeing how us finally having a quality DL is helping take our defense to another level.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well...this team took a turn for the better quickly. Should've given TB more credit for giving the OL fits in week 1 as they are an outstanding front 7 but the OL has vastly improved the last 2 weeks and Coop is doing a good job of driving the bus.

That being said, even when Dak and co. do come back I still think this team is a few pieces away on O to make a big run so I think we'll be picking just inside the top 20.

I'm still targeting DL, OL and probably LBr we're probably just looking at a different tier of players.
Im a guy who believes you can never have enough DE's, so if that guy is there round 1 I wouldn't turn my nose up.

Our interior DL are average at best. On top of that the contracts of the 3T's we have drafted day two will start falling off the books this offseason one right after the other. Hill and Gallimore haven't shown any reason to give them a 2nd contract. Add those two points together and DT needs a serious look early too.

OL..... just pick a position lol. Center and LG look to be the biggest needs though.

WR is a wildcard. However I don't think its a great draft at the position so if we are between pick 18-25, I dont really see it being good value

cnuball21

Reaction score
Im a guy who believes you can never have enough DE's, so if that guy is there round 1 I wouldn't turn my nose up.

Our interior DL are average at best. On top of that the contracts of the 3T's we have drafted day two will start falling off the books this offseason one right after the other. Hill and Gallimore haven't shown any reason to give them a 2nd contract. Add those two points together and DT needs a serious look early too.

OL..... just pick a position lol. Center and LG look to be the biggest needs though.

WR is a wildcard. However I don't think its a great draft at the position so if we are between pick 18-25, I dont really see it being good value

Agree on DE. Dorance ms contract runs out next year and we don’t know what we have in Williams.

I actually like what I’ve seen from Bo and Osa as starters we just need more quality depth.

Yes to OL…ideally a college OT that can play LG and be a potential swing OT.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Yeah, I think we are going to end up in our customary pick 18-24 zone. Either finishing just outside the playoffs or one of the first squads to exit it. This defense is the real deal, but I doubt this offense can beat the good teams.

As far as positions to target, #1 for me is DT and #2 is interior OL. DT is a huge hole we have on an otherwise loaded defense. G and C aren't bad as much as they are super mediocre. Biadasz and McGovern won't kill you, but they aren't going to help your cause either. Farniok is a legit liability. Either way, we have room for a talented lineman to start on day 1.

I'd also keep an eye out for a WR, because that is getting to be a very expensive position and you need 3 of them. CeeDee is the answer at one spot (I don't know if it's #1), a healthy Gallup should start at another, but I am not going to pass up the right guy for Noah Brown or Jalen Tolbert.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Yeah, I think we are going to end up in our customary pick 18-24 zone. Either finishing just outside the playoffs or one of the first squads to exit it. This defense is the real deal, but I doubt this offense can beat the good teams.

As far as positions to target, #1 for me is DT and #2 is interior OL. DT is a huge hole we have on an otherwise loaded defense. G and C aren't bad as much as they are super mediocre. Biadasz and McGovern won't kill you, but they aren't going to help your cause either. Farniok is a legit liability. Either way, we have room for a talented lineman to start on day 1.

I'd also keep an eye out for a WR, because that is getting to be a very expensive position and you need 3 of them. CeeDee is the answer at one spot (I don't know if it's #1), a healthy Gallup should start at another, but I am not going to pass up the right guy for Noah Brown or Jalen Tolbert.

I wouldn't pass on a top tier DT but I'm not sure I'd call it a huge hole or weakness. Bo and Osa have shown growth from year 1 and appear to be solid / steady NFL starters. It's so hard to get all pro caliber DTs b/c those dudes are rare but our rotation is the best it's been in years. Of course still looking to upgrade if possible.

I'm not sure we have a giant hole on the D, just more so upgrade if a top talent falls. I'd like to upgrade LVE if possible (not sure why we haven't seen Cox yet) and Brown / Lewis contracts are coming up soon so CB should be on the radar.

Not really any glaring holes outside of some spots that we could upgrade and expiring contracts. Good year to stick to the board and take the best talent per the usual.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
1 - QB/C/LG/DT/CB
2 - DT/CB/LG/C/LB
3 - First 3 rounds I would like to leave with 1 player in each of the trenches and another player on defense (CB)