Yeah, but can it do the ironing?

superpunk

Reaction score
Motor design.

Seems crazy, but I am not mechanically inclined enough to even comprehend whether or not it's possible. Everything I've looked up seems legit.

Takes?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Okay, my patience wore out at the 5:00 mark. Does he have a prototype engine installed in a car? Or does he just keeps yapping about his mighty engine?

The idea is fantastic. Whether it's practical is another question entirely.

Another thing. As heavy and bulky and hot as engines are, they serve another purpose other than to provide power for a vehicle's locomotion. The vast majority of vehicles have the engines located in the front. In a frontal collision, engines help absorb the force of impact.

Now, if auto manufacturers start building vehicles with these pipsqueak engines, what will serve as a substitute barrier between the vehicle's cabin and an uncoming car? And before some says, "Well, you're going to get hurt or killed anyway", please remember that vehicles are designed to be survivable in some types of crashes.

Sorry, about getting off-topic some, but it's curiosity, you know? :p:

superpunk

Reaction score
I have not found anything actually showing it powering a vehicle.

To the second point, maybe we could stuff the front with styrofoam?

Or, maybe given the smaller weight and mass, the momentum would not be as great, and so...less severe impact?

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
I can't watch the video at work (no sound) but in regards to the second question, smaller mass means more damage in a collision. It's like a little guy and a sumo wrestler running full blast at each other - one goes flying backwards, and the other barely blinks. Whatever they replace the engine weight with would have to be able to take a serious punch.

superpunk

Reaction score
The Real Mavs Man;1535774 said:
I can't watch the video at work (no sound) but in regards to the second question, smaller mass means more damage in a collision. It's like a little guy and a sumo wrestler running full blast at each other - one goes flying backwards, and the other barely blinks. Whatever they replace the engine weight with would have to be able to take a serious punch.

I was assuming everything had these engines in them with the question - but yeah, ifyou ran up on an old IC engine with one of those new ones, it would be bad news.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
superpunk;1535777 said:
I was assuming everything had these engines in them with the question - but yeah, ifyou ran up on an old IC engine with one of those new ones, it would be bad news.

Oh, well if they both had it - sure.