Yell then think!

Champsheart

Reaction score
Folks, no loss feels good, but we are just fine. I understand the frustration, yell and let it out, but then come down to earth.
Did anyone here expect us to go 16-0. Did anyone here expect us to just sit at the top with no pitfalls, no obstacles to over come.

!!! Anytime 2 teams from the NFC EAST lock up either can win, we will lose some. We will be alright.

We lost yesterday and here is why!

First - Newman played bad yesterday, maybe the worst I have seen him since he has been with Dallas, although Steve Smith got him bad his rookie year in that playoff game. Newman's play hurt us bad yesterday, but I have no concerns about Newman he will be just fine.

Second - Coaching was not good yesterday, but I do not put this on Wade, I put this on Garrett. I do not care if we are having problems running the football, you still got to run it some. I understand what Garrett was doing, but he really hurt our defense and put them on the field way to long.
OUR DLNE got worn down, you could see them spent in the fourth Qtr.
And what I could not believe is why did Garrett not use Felix Jones on draws and screens, he got stubborn trying to beat them down the field, this was the perfect game to get Felix involved. Garrett usually kames great adjustments, he did not yesterday, he was stubborn and hurt the defense and offense.

Third - The Skins played as well as they can possibly play - Give them some credit, they are not the bad team many thought they where, but still had to play flawless to beat us by 2 points.

Look Newman will be fine, the coaches will learn from this and we will March on. The team got a little reality check, everything was so pretty, everyone was on their jock, now that pressure is off and we have some stuff to work on and get better.

No reason to believe half this roster and coaching staff are BUMS! That is just a little silly.

NO Championship contender goes through a season without some bumps in the road. Trust me there are a couple more bumps to go.

superpunk

Reaction score
Champsheart;2295555 said:
Third - The Skins played as well as they can possibly play - Give them some credit, they are not the bad team many thought they where, but still had to play flawless to beat us by 2 points.

That is a solid point. We played like garbage, had some calls missed against us, and the Skins played as well as they could - and we were still within a Hurd butterfingers of pulling it off.

the coaches will learn from this and we will March on.
Do you see any reason to believe Garrett will stop channeling Mike Martz or that Wade will speak up to curb Garrett's retardation in-game?

Recent history says it won't happen.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Champsheart;2295555 said:
NO Championship contender goes through a season without some bumps in the road. Trust me there are a couple more bumps to go.
'72 Dolphins. :p:

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
No......this team got a BIG reality check.

Nothing little about what I saw yesterday.

We are now in a fight for a wildcard birth if you ask me.:cool:

Boysboy

Reaction score
'92 - we lost to the LOWLY Rams at home in Dec, BADLY

'93 - we lost 2 straight games to lowly Atlanta and Miami in late Nov

'95 - who lost to the Foreskins TWICE, 4th and 1 @Philly burned us, and then almost lost to the LOWLY Midgets

Yesterday, at least we can say we lost to a pretty good, albeit improved Commanders team.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I too think this is a good post. I think there is plenty of time to figure it out but, we do have to make some adjustments IMO. We have to stop turning the ball over. Yesterday's TO probably got us beat. One minute left in the 3rd quarter, 1st and 10 on our own 37 yard line, we turn the ball over and Washington starts there offense at the Dallas 47. At that point, the score is 23 -17. If we don't turn that ball over, the chances are pretty decent, IMO, that we at least kick a field goal. That puts us 23-20 at worst. Instead, it's 26-17 in a ball game that was decided by 2 points. We just gotta stop killing ourselves with these turn overs.