3b) Kyle Calloway RT Iowa

3c) Lamarr Houston DE/DT Texas

4a) Traded for 4 and 5

4b) Chris Scott G/T Tennessee

4c) Kenny Alfred C WSU

5) Taylor Price WR Ohio

6) Nate Collins DE/DT UVA

7) Ryan Barker OT UVA

Yes, I'm aware there is no way Jerry would traded down 3 times in one draft.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
2 things..

1) looks a lot like our 2009 draft strategy. More guys you draft, better the chance some of them are any good.

2) stop trading away our first round pick. Best Draft In years. We can add an impact player even at pick 30, so cut it out...... :banghead: :D

RS12

Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3114362 said:
2 things..

1) looks a lot like our 2009 draft strategy. More guys you draft, better the chance some of them are any good.

2) stop trading away our first round pick. Best Draft In years. We can add an impact player even at pick 30, so cut it out...... :banghead: :D

This. Keep the first add a second, trade a 2011 pick in what will prolly be a very week draft.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I like Allen, Arenas, Calloway, and Chris Scott but c'mon.

You also have to factor Brewster, B. Williams, and Hodge onto next years 53.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I forgot which mock it was.....but it was one of the ones from the database on BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1

anyway, this stupid mock had us drafting 2 TEs in the first 3 picks. Apparently they failed to realize we have Witten, Bennett, and Phillips on the roster.

I have also seen mocks with us taking 2 WRs in the first 3 picks, sometimes in the first two. I find that to be stupid as well.

so as bad as some of the mocks are on this site, mine included, trust me, I have seen some real bad ones elsewhere.

The Realist

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3114714 said:
I like Allen, Arenas, Calloway, and Chris Scott but c'mon.

You also have to factor Brewster, B. Williams, and Hodge onto next years 53.

Yeah, I probably should have thought of stuff like that in advance.

Let me spell it out for you.

1) Traded for 2 and 3

2a) Nate Allen FS USF Pat Watkins

2b) Traded for 3 and 4

3a) Javier Arenas PR/KR/CB Bama Allen Rossum

3b) Kyle Calloway RT Iowa Pat McQuistan

3c) Lamarr Houston DE/DT Texas Jason Hatcher

4a) Traded for 4 and 5

4b) Chris Scott G/T Tennessee Montrae Holland

4c) Kenny Alfred C WSU Duke Preston

5) Taylor Price WR Ohio Sam Hurd

6) Nate Collins DE/DT UVA

7) Ryan Barker OT UVA

No LT no WR no ILB no good.

Our LT is already on the roster. People overlooking Doug Free just like they did Romo, Austin and Ratliff.

How are you getting an ILB on the 53?

More importantly how are you getting one on the 45 when we can't get Jason Williams to the game and we have to factor in Williams and Hodge next year?

No WR?

I drafted one that you have touted but you have no clue what school he really goes to.

Speedy WR to look out for
Taylor Price OSU
Brandon Banks Kansas State short
Trindon Holliday LSU short as hell

The Realist

Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3114362 said:
2 things..

If this draft is really that deep the value will be 2-4.

That's where scoop guys the caliber of MBIII, Choice, Bradie, Canty, Scandrick can be found.

The Realist

Reaction score
RS12;3114498 said:
This. Keep the first add a second, trade a 2011 pick in what will prolly be a very week draft.

Does it really matter if we take a guy at 28 vs trading down and taking a guy at 38 while adding a pick and saving a ton of money?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I am ok with it except that I'd like to see them draft that LT as well. I know you're banking on Free being that guy but we haven't seen him do that yet, have we? He's playing RT at this point. We don't know if he can play LT or not. He maybe the guy we're keeping to eventually replace Marc with, more so than Flo with. I could be wrong about that though.

I'd like to see the LT position addressed in this draft though, that's for sure.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Whenever the coaching staff talks about Free they always mention his "athleticism" which is usually a sign that the player has left tackle potential.

We'll know a lot more about Free by the end of the season.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3115564 said:
Whenever the coaching staff talks about Free they always mention his "athleticism" which is usually a sign that the player has left tackle potential.

We'll know a lot more about Free by the end of the season.

I hope so. If thats the case, that he can play LT, and they have faith in it then I'm all good there. We'd still need a solid LT to be drafted though as depth. We're seriously lacking depth on the O-Line.

The Realist

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3115556 said:
I am ok with it except that I'd like to see them draft that LT as well. I know you're banking on Free being that guy but we haven't seen him do that yet, have we? He's playing RT at this point. We don't know if he can play LT or not. He maybe the guy we're keeping to eventually replace Marc with, more so than Flo with. I could be wrong about that though.

I'd like to see the LT position addressed in this draft though, that's for sure.

Coaches see Free in practice every day.

Jerry said he had been practicing at LT all year.

Telling that we passed on Vollmer and Beatty at 51 and would have taken Loadholt RT had we stayed.

If I could land an OT athletic enough to play LT with the size to play RT in 2 I would.

I'm thinking guys like Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin (Underclassmen).

I'm projecting those guys will be gone.

That being said Kyle Calloway played LT one year and has spent last 3 at RT at Iowa.