Yet another moron fan steals from a kid...

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/156912915.html#!page=1&pageSize=10&sort=newestfirst

Long after his teammates headed into the clubhouse, Driver signed autographs around the stadium and then headed inside himself. As he ducked into the dugout, the 14th-year pro threw his equipment into the stands. At which point, one woman clutching her own Mirror Ball trophy swipes the cleat away from a kid's hands. For his part, the little guy took it all in stride afterward.

[youtube]YaRW12z3K6A[/youtube]

kapolani

Reaction score
Not gonna lie.

If she did that to my daughter I would have yanked out of her hand and tossed her over the wall.

Hard to tell who he was tossing it to, but I think it was determined that the kid was supposed to be the recipient.

CoCo

Reaction score
And sometimes folks do the right thing as well.

The first time I took my youngest son to a baseball game we went early to seek some autographs. He was probably 5 or 6 at the time but already a St. Louis Cardinals loyalist - T-shirt & cap.

I got the attention of Donovan Osborne and pointed to my son. He tossed him a ball where we were, probably 5-6 rows back. The throw missed him and bounded a few rows back in the seats but a guy snagged it on his behalf and brought it to him.

That was a such a great day. It was absolutely magical for him, and therefore me too.

Over the years my boys managed to squeeze through to get Ozzie Smith, Mark McGuire & Albert Pujols among others. Imagine what it was like trying to get those. Just last year my 11 year old daughter got her cap signed by Tony LaRussa. Believe me, I have a warm spot in my heart for players who take time to sign, especially given that they have to deal with adults like the lady in the video. If I were a player I might force the adults to seperate from the kids.

Autographs first and foremost should be for kids.

We live in Colorado but always come to see the Cards when they're in town.