Ygm Psu De

The Realist

Reaction score
I haven’t had much time to prep for draft. What am I missing with this guy. Why isn’t he rated higher....like top 20-25? He’s got the size and production.

J-man

Reaction score
I haven’t had much time to prep for draft. What am I missing with this guy. Why isn’t he rated higher....like top 20-25? He’s got the size and production.

I posted this in another thread a few days ago.

I live in central PA and am a huge PSU fan, let me give you my perspective on him.

Not super quick, but he has some speed, plenty of power to go with a good motor and some nice moves. He has all the physical tools to be a good DE in the NFL.
They played him inside a lot last season, not sure if that was because of a lack of good DT's or more because he was better suited as a 3 tech who could be a run stuffer that can put pressure from the inside in their system?

To me, in the NFL he's obviously not a 3 tech and actually more of a LDE compared to a RDE.
He's a good overall defender, good against the run and can make some sacks, but he will probably never be a 15+ sack guy.

I like YGM and think he's a solid DE that has the body and tools to possibly surprise and become a very good pass rushing LDE. But, I think he would be a big gamble and possible bust if your looking for a stud pass rusher that can consistently get the qb on the ground.

I would be disappointed if they took him at 17. He'll most likely be a late 1, early 2 pick, that probably should be more of a mid-late 2 pick IMHO.