yo check this out intresting

CarlAllDay

Reaction score
For what its worth if you guys missed it watch sportscenter they discussed the winners and losers and best picks and ron jaworski of all people said dallas had the best pick in the draft of FASANO! He said that fasano is a snot knocker who can do it all for bill parcells he said he a complete all around player and is the most complete TE in the draft........ Imo I think if we run two te sets I guess we do need two TE's capable of being decent blockers and receivers with him and witten because honestly what is ryan hannan going to do in the passing game everytime he comes in teams are going to expect run so with fasano u don't know what's coming, yeah I question the timing of the pick like everyone else but I guess that was their bpa after trading down I think that bill actually likes pettiti but thinks he needs to learn from fabini guys you can't discount that pettiti did an admiral job to be a 7th round pick and didn't miss a game he was better than tucker who had more experience than him so I think with more seasoning he can be a good RT remember parcells drafted fabini in the 7th round and he turned out to be a good versatile OT. I think we need to get MAX from georgia he's a massive guard who can dominate the running lanes for jones and barber especially if rivera starts to age and get injured or if kosier proves to be soft as a keiser roll we have insurance because I don't believe in peterman and garoude is a sure false start at guard that's why he has to play center to have the ball in his hand so he don't jump offsides... Lol just my oppinion

Woods

Reaction score
One thing a lot of people don't realize is that Fasano was drafted to be a STARTER this coming season. He wasn't drafted for depth behind Witten.

According to JJ on the Ticket, Fasano and TO are on one side, and Witten and Glenn are on the other. And we're basically phasing out the FB and using 1 back sets.

That said, even though the FB is being phased out, I think a guy like Q. Hill from Miami could be interesting in the 7th. BP still likes his big backs, and Hill sort of is in the R. Anderson mold where he can catch out of the backfield and hopefully get you some tough yards on 3rd and short. Also, we have showed a lot of interest in this kid.

montgod

Reaction score
Woods said:
One thing a lot of people don't realize is that Fasano was drafted to be a STARTER this coming season. He wasn't drafted for depth behind Witten.

According to JJ on the Ticket, Fasano and TO are on one side, and Witten and Glenn are on the other. And we're basically phasing out the FB and using 1 back sets.

That said, even though the FB is being phased out, I think a guy like Q. Hill from Miami could be interesting in the 7th. BP still likes his big backs, and Hill sort of is in the R. Anderson mold where he can catch out of the backfield and hopefully get you some tough yards on 3rd and short. Also, we have showed a lot of interest in this kid.

If this is the case, what was the point in signing Hannam?

Woods

Reaction score
montgod said:

Well, if you have 2 starters at TE, I suppose you need atleast 1 guy to back them up.

But if I remember correctly, I thought on the Ticket they were saying we are keeping 4 TEs this year.

This is a true change in philosophy according to JJ (with 2 TEs starting), and it's not something he intends to change after a year or two, for example.

This change in philosophy could have only happened, however, IF they could get another starting TE in the Draft. (It's sort of the "offensive equivlalent" to going to the 3-4 defense in terms of philosopical change.)

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
I agree it was an offensive change of philosphy, although we definitly did it some last year already.

Also keep in mind that Fasano is familiar with Parcell's offensive system. The Ticket yesterday aired the call from Jerry and Parcells to Fasano, and Parcells said that since you already are familiar with our offense (from his experience with Weiss) that you should have a leg up, and we drafted you to play.

cwbyz4evr

Reaction score
montgod said:
If the tight ends are out in routes for consecutive plays it might be a good idea to have somebody with ability to spell them!