You are the new NFL Commissioner. What are you going to do?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Change how much players make

better yet make it a base pay system with remainder based on actual contributions. that way the superstar who is injured doesn't get his full pay while the FA backup puts up pro bowl numbers. yes, the base for the superstar would still be a nice amount. would put some incentive to get back on the field if possible, rather than just cash their guaranteed checks.
there is plenty of data points to define the contributions. would be a much more equitable situation.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
No more chicken refs....

And bring back the concussions...that's football.

Blindside blocks....keep your head on a swivel....or you deserve to get hit like that.

Flamma

Reaction score
Timb2 as Commissioner

1- The Washington Team are the R.E.D.S.K.I.N.S.

2- No to male cheerleaders. All NFL Cheerleaders will be female.

3- Expand 6 teams and the Cardinals give the name back to St. Louis. Chargers name goes back San Diego- Titans give up Oilers and Texans become the Oilers

1-St. Louis
2- San Antonio
3- Birmingham
4- Oklahoma City
5- San Diego
6- Sacramento

4- NFL Draft stays in New York and goes back to 12 Rounds

5- Get rid of the Cap.

So what would you do?

Let me comment on your first, because I like a few.

1. Couldn't care less about what they call their tea,
2. I agree with this.
3. Expand 4 teams to 36 and games to 18. Each Conf. has three 6 team Divs. Ten games in Division, 4 games in Conf. And 4 games in the other Conf.
4. Not a concern of mine.
5. Agreed. But I would tinker with another idea I heard. Give a cap discount for resigning drafted players. That gives an edge to teams that draft well. But either your idea or mine would cost the owners more money. So, they'll never go for it.

I'll add. The kickoff would go back to the 30 and remove all of the new adjustments. What's the logic behind not letting them get a running start? To get down the field about 5 yards later?

Go back to the old CB VS WR rules. Call penalties when the ball is in the air, or any holding. No need for the rest.

Refs that are under 50. that's about it.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I would broadcast all games free again on network TV. It's not outdated yet.

How are you going to grow your fanbase and get kids to watch the game to be your next athletes if you split it into 3 streaming packages, 3 premium cable channels and a dab of network TV?

NBA was growing crazy in popularity in the 90's not only because of Jordan, but because it was on NBC, not TNT. Ton of kids in the hoods with mad skillz that will never see their heroes play because the family can't afford it.

I see those streaming threads on Sunday that the mods conveniently allow to linger longer. LOL There's a ton of people using those. What happens when the NFL figures out how to shut it down?

JustChip

Reaction score
Far less strict with holding, stuff away from the action let it go.
I’m jiggy with that. It’s ridiculous that a defensive holding on the side away from the pass gets penalized and results in a first down. I would also not award an automatic first down on a 5 yard defensive holding.

RonWashington

Reaction score
If I’m the commissioner I insist Jay Glazer get put on the Asthma squad and Carissa Thompson replace him .