You can add Jonathan Ogden or Aeneas Williams to this team

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
No there’s no guarantee that any player in the draft is going to be as good as either of those two, but if they reach their ceiling they could be.

That being said if you could take either Ogden (who started at LG his first season before going to LT, like Sewell would) or Williams who was a lockdown corner but not Deion-esque, who would be a better fit on this team?

I say you have to go with an Aeneas Williams. It goes a LONG way to not having the worst defense in league history. Sewell is the law of diminishing returns. Assuming Smith, Martin and Collins all are at least healthy next year, Sewell doesn’t give the same impact a CB would.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Honestly it depends on how Smiths health checks out, based on the doctors prognosis is what I base this decision on. If the doctor says he's ok for a few years then I'm going defense, if he's gonna have issues or create more issues due to straining himself then I'm going O line

Uncle_Hank

Reaction score
They're both premium positions. You take whichever one you can when it comes available. Obviously defensive back is a bigger immediate need, but if it comes down to Sewell versus one of the corners, Sewell is the better prospect.

timb2

Reaction score
No there’s no guarantee that any player in the draft is going to be as good as either of those two, but if they reach their ceiling they could be.

That being said if you could take either Ogden (who started at LG his first season before going to LT, like Sewell would) or Williams who was a lockdown corner but not Deion-esque, who would be a better fit on this team?

I say you have to go with an Aeneas Williams. It goes a LONG way to not having the worst defense in league history. Sewell is the law of diminishing returns. Assuming Smith, Martin and Collins all are at least healthy next year, Sewell doesn’t give the same impact a CB would.
You draft Jimmy Graham(Kyle Pitts) instead

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Ogden.
If you don't have a pass rush, you'd better have a Deion Sanders to stay with the receivers for an indefinite period of time.
Williams, as great as he is, aint covering all that well if the quarterback has days to throw the ball.
An elite offensive lineman improves the running and passing games.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

You take the blindside protector every time. You need your franchise QB to stay heathy or you have zero chance for prolonged success.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Take the best player you can get on the field. You don’t know what your needs will look like in two years when that player hits their prime, plus if you are drafting a player on hopes that he helps turn around one of the worst defenses in the history of the league you’re probably not a true contender anyways.

conner01

Reaction score
If there was a CB who could be Aeneas Williams...you take him easily. He wasn't Deion but who else was? We're still talking about one of the best CBs of the 90s, a HOFer with 55 career INTs
That’s a big IF at CB
I like the top two CB guys but I wouldn’t compare their potential to Williams
Sewell is a stud but I don’t think he lasts to us
If he did I’d pick him

texbumthelife

Reaction score
The only position more important than QB is your QBs blindside protector. It's Ogden every day without question.

And I love Aeneas Williams.