You don't pay a proven journeyman QB that much money

John813

Reaction score
Well, the Jets blinked first.

they needed a QB and he knew the offense and players. Did well last year overall.

Rather have Fitz for 1 year than Geno Smith.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

they needed a QB and he knew the offense and players. Did well last year overall.

No doubt it was tough call.

I can bring back Sanchez for much less and have same success as Fitz though.

Reaction score
No doubt it was tough call.

I can bring back Sanchez for much less and have same success as Fitz though.
Don't think the Jet's fan base would have been pleased, AT ALL, with Sanchez - the FO needs to show the fans they're at least giving the team a fighting chance

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
when osweiler is getting like $25 mil, I dont think $12 mil for a starter is bad overall.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Don't think the Jet's fan base would have been pleased, AT ALL, with Sanchez - the FO needs to show the fans they're at least giving the team a fighting chance

Understood.

Sanchez has gone wayyyyyyy further than Fitz.... at least twice!
Sanchez has proven what he will give you over and over.
Fitz will crash and burn the Jets this year.
He might bounce back vs Seattle... after that.... nose dive.

Shunpike

Reaction score
When dumd teams pay below average QB's those contracts, the QB position will never be normalized. Six-patrick gets 12 million a year. Wow.

Insomniac

Reaction score
Fitz is not a starter. Regardless of this situation.
Fitzpatrick is a guy that would make a good backup. If the real QB missed a couple of games he gives you a chance to win some games.

The problem the Jets had was who were they going to sign instead? Fitzpatrick is getting less than Osweiller, Tannehill, Cousins etc and they aren't any better. The nature of the sport is that there are a handful of the best QBs and it's hard to win consistently unless you have one of them.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
12 million is cheap as hell for a starter

Outside of players on rookie deals, he may be one of the cheapest starters in the NFL.

Jets issue is they didnt have the balls too got with Petty

haleyrules

Reaction score
People toss these fantastic amounts of money around as if it is a normal wage!! These boys are so grossly overpaid as to turn my stomach...get real...not one of these football players are worth a 100th of the value of a nurse...firefighter..scientist ..heck the local garbage collector has far more
Value to me.lol.;)

Techsass

Reaction score
People toss these fantastic amounts of money around as if it is a normal wage!! These boys are so grossly overpaid as to turn my stomach...get real...not one of these football players are worth a 100th of the value of a nurse...firefighter..scientist ..heck the local garbage collector has far more
Value to me.lol.;)
Entertainment isn't based on worth. At least not in the sense of what good do you do for society. It's a commission on how much profit can you generate.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
12 million is cheap as hell for a starter

Outside of players on rookie deals, he may be one of the cheapest starters in the NFL.

Jets issue is they didnt have the balls too got with Petty

Starting QBs are expensive. No way around it. With the cap going up, which position has the most in the corner in terms of taking a large piece of the larger pie? Probably the position that handles the ball on every offensive snap and gets beaten to a pulp week-in and week-out.

haleyrules

Reaction score

Well...Geno together with Sanchez would be great for comic relief!!

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

at least they knew he wasn't the answer......committing for 1 more year is not a terrible outcome....that kid from Baylor must really be a project

Aven8

Reaction score
Fitz and 12 million?? Bargain, when Bradford has made well over 100 million in his career!