You guys realize Bledsoe could have easily thrown 5 picks yesterday?

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
That makes me SICK. He better rebound next week against the Skins or there is going to be some CRAZY Romo threads popping up EVERYWHERE, lol.

KingTuna

Reaction score
SteveOS said:
That makes me SICK. He better rebound next week against the Skins or there is going to be some CRAZY Romo threads popping up EVERYWHERE, lol.

Well, if you're going to go there then you have to also acknowlegde that he could have easily thrown 4 TD's as well.

1. The one down the right sideline that was underthrown (T.O. beat the CB)

2. the one he threw that was CALLED BACK

3. T.O wide open down the middle that if not overthrown, walk in TD

4. The TD he threw to T.O. that stood.

I am all for holding players accountable but you cannot be one sided about it.

:starspin

gbrittain

Reaction score
KingTuna said:
Well, if you're going to go there then you have to also acknowlegde that he could have easily thrown 4 TD's as well.

You are giving him credit for the ones he botched?!! I dont get it.

A DB dropping a sure INT is not the same thing as the QB overthrowing a WR for a sure TD.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
SteveOS said:

Well thats the sad part of it. And it seemed like he could even had couple of more even, albeit difficult to make Ints. He just was horrible, no ifs and buts about it.

But I am hopefull he might bounce back. I am not ready for Romo yet. :D Coming from me, who never liked Bledsoe that much, is saying a lot about confidence I have in Romo. Because I see bit of Bledsoe in Romo, albeit not so much stupid INts like Bledsoe though, but still Romo makes too many mistakes from the limited opportunity he has had playing.

But at the same time he gives much better option in terms of escaping pressure and making plays. So I guess you have to have some give and take there, if Romo takes the job.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
gbrittain said:

A DB dropping a sure INT is not the same thing as the QB overthrowing a WR for a sure TD.

LOL....

Yeah, I must admit, that line of reason escaped me as well.

Perhaps King meant this as a joke.

Tripod

Reaction score
And both Mannings could have had 4 each last night.

Bledsoe also had 4 completions called back on penalties.

4 and 2 after week 7 with Bledsoe. A record at least that good or I resign from this board and Romo should take over.

gbrittain

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
LOL....

Yeah, I must admit, that line of reason escaped me as well.

Perhaps King meant this as a joke.

Yeah, maybe my sarcasm detector was turned off. I hope.

KingTuna

Reaction score
gbrittain said:

This thread started as a "hypothetical" COULD have thrown 5 picks.

Well, I am following that same logic and simply pointing out that he COULD have "hypothetically" also thrown 4 TD's had he not overthrown one pass, underthrown another and get one taken off due to penalty.

The underthrown pass down the right sideline that was almost picked off COULD have been an easy TD for T.O. had Bledsoe thrown out further in front of him. T.O. had to slow down and that caused the CB to gain position and almost pick it off.

I am not giving credit to anyone for anything. It is "what it is".

I am pointing out that if you're going to take a stance of "Well he COULD have thrown five picks, then you also need to look at how close he was to throwing 4 TD's as well.

Anyone who cannot look at the whole picture really stands out as having an agenda behind their comments rather than objectivley looking things.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
KingTuna said:

I agree with you, but...
  1. The TD to TO was a bad throw that TO made a play on.
  2. The 51 yarder to Glenn was a bad throw, but Glenn made a play.
  3. The 31 yard pass to Jones was a bad throw that Jones made a play on.
  4. The INT that was overturned was a bad throw.
Personally, he said 5 picks yesterday. I counted 7 possible picks. Several of these possible TDs wouldn't have never happen, if the picks were to have happen first.

DBoys

Reaction score
It was bad and once I heard his back was stiffening up I wanted Romo in.

gbrittain

Reaction score
KingTuna said:
This thread started as a "hypothetical" COULD have thrown 5 picks.

Well, I am following that same logic and simply pointing out that he COULD have "hypothetically" also thrown 4 TD's had he not overthrown one pass, underthrown another and get one taken off due to penalty.

The underthrown pass down the right sideline that was almost picked off COULD have been an easy TD for T.O. had Bledsoe thrown out further in front of him. T.O. had to slow down and that caused the CB to gain position and almost pick it off.

I am not giving credit to anyone for anything. It is "what it is".

I am pointing out that if you're going to take a stance of "Well he COULD have thrown five picks, then you also need to look at how close he was to throwing 4 TD's as well.

Anyone who cannot look at the whole picture really stands out as having an agenda behind their comments rather than objectivley looking things.

I respect you a lot so do not take me disagreeing with you as insulting you. However, I can not disagree more with your reasoning on this.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
SteveOS said:

Kinda like this one.............:rolleyes:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Basically he had a horridble day, and we got lucky that it wasn't even worse.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theogt said:
Basically he had a horridble day, and we got lucky that it wasn't even worse.

The only thing worse would have been him injured. He can throw 3 picks or 30 picks, it doesn't matter of you are going to lose anyway.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And I could have had a...

v-8%20juice.gif

...But I did not.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
nyc said:
The only thing worse would have been him injured. He can throw 3 picks or 30 picks, it doesn't matter of you are going to lose anyway.
I'm not sure him going down at the half would have caused a worse result.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
SteveOS said:
thanks for the reminder. :x

playboidolla

Reaction score
All Qbs have bad games you cant name 1 QB in the league that has never had atleats 1 bad game in a season....it happens but u move foward and get over it....its only one game, I would really hate for some of u to be head coaches because yall would never win