You guys should have won that game

giantfan1232

Reaction score
The Giants aren't that good this year. The Cowboys were pretty good. I was :eek: when the Giants won. Do you think that the Giants won the game or that the Cowboys lost the game? Basically, what I am saying is don't get so worried about this loss. You guys will win the division and probably the conference next year. :p

Woods

Reaction score
giantfan1232;1905813 said:
The Giants aren't that good this year. The Cowboys were pretty good. I was :eek: when the Giants won. Do you think that the Giants won the game or that the Cowboys lost the game? Basically, what I am saying is don't get so worried about this loss. You guys will win the division and probably the conference next year. :p

I think Dallas should have won the game, but kept shooting themselves in the foot with penalties, dropped passes, etc.

But I guess that's football and that's why they play the game.

I don't think we would beat NE had we made the Super Bowl in any case, and I think the Pats will win yet again. They are just too good offensively this year.

I do think we should do well next year given that we're the 4th youngest team in the NFL, have two number 1 picks, a young QB, etc., but we really blew a good opportunity to finally win a playoff game last weekend.

End of the day, the Giants earned the win because they made fewer (dumb) mistakes, caught the ball, hung in there, etc.

This is going to be a looonnnnggggg off-season.

Route 66

Reaction score
Is this real or is it a Cowboys fan trying to get his own team feeling good again?:eek::

If you are for real-thanks for the logical post. Bottom line is I agree we are the better team overall but if you don't bring it to the game, it doesn't matter. The Giants still scored the most points by the end of the game and they deserved the win.

Route 66

Reaction score
Woods;1905828 said:
I think Dallas should have won the game, but kept shooting themselves in the foot with penalties, dropped passes, etc.

But I guess that's football and that's why they play the game.

I don't think we would beat NE had we made the Super Bowl in any case, and I think the Pats will win yet again. They are just too good offensively this year.

I do think we should do well next year given that we're the 4th youngest team in the NFL, have two number 1 picks, a young QB, etc., but we really blew a good opportunity to finally win a playoff game last weekend.

End of the day, the Giants earned the win because they made fewer (dumb) mistakes, caught the ball, hung in there, etc.

This is going to be a looonnnnggggg off-season.

Hey! Get off my wavelength!

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Of course we should've won the game. We outgained the Giants by over 100 yards, had he ball 13 minutes more, limited the Giants to a total of 230 yards with only 56 coming in the second half. As someone else posted, we simply beat outselves. We continually stopped our own drives with penalties and dropped passes, and kept Giant's drives alive with defensive penalties. But, that's part of the game. I don't think anyone believes the Giants are the better or more talented team, but we simply didn't focus and execute on Sunday. As a result, our season is prematurely over.

superpunk

Reaction score
We know we should've won.

That's precisely why we're so upset.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

The score tells who should have one. Better or not, the game is played to determine the winner. The Giants won. :mad:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Zone.

The Giants won the game. In the 2nd half they came after Romo and took over. Nothing should be taken away from them.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Nope.

After the way the Cowboys offensive line played, we didn't deserve to move on.

I wish both Green Bay and New York good luck in the Playoffs.

Until the Decemeber Collapse conundrum is figured out, we will be forced to root for other teams in the Playoffs.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
All I know is that the Giants are full marks for winning a game on the road against a superior team regardless of what the Boys did or didn't do.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Too many penalties and mistake so no we should not have won.

burmafrd

Reaction score
The team that played better in the 2nd half won the game. Did not matter if it was not the more talented team- they made fewer mistakes.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
We played dumb, those stupid penalties that we committed most of the Year came back to haunt us, the Giants made enough plays to hang in there, although I still think we are the better team overall.:welcome:

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I think we clearly were the more talented team.

But I don't think we should have won. We simply did not make plays when we needed to. If you can't do that in the playoffs, you really don't deserve to win.

Congrats to the Giants. They were the better team that day. They came in to Dallas and beat us.

Boysboy

Reaction score

Honestly-my thoughts late in the 4th quarter when we were driving..."So what? The performance we're putting out there...we probably don't have a shot at the Packers next week, even though it's at home".

Bottom line-the Giants were the better team that day. They played disciplined football, they made the plays when they had to, especially their pass rush and Eli.

BTW-the Packers aren't a GREAT team either this year. They have no pass rush, they have trouble stopping the run, and Ryan Grant just happened to have decent games against some ****** run D's. I feel the Giants have a shot in this game.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Way too many mistakes and playing ball control offense cost us the game. Now the league is saying they "screwed" up the call on the grounding penalty.

No **** sherlock! That and many other calls, but we all know you want Favre and the Cheats in the SB, and possibly Favre to win it all while he rides off into the sunset.

Okay, i'm just venting, carry on.....