You guys want to know why the Giants are talking so much.......

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think guys like Pierce and Jacobs are talking so much in an effort to psyche themselves up - considering neither did anything the first time around.

The Giants are talking up a pass rush that got exactly 1 sack the first time around as well.

And a defense that was absolutely shredded by Romo is talking in an effort to rebuild their shattered confidence.

Dallas' defense has improved as well, but I don't hear them having to 'talk themselves up'.......

Martice

Reaction score
gazjor1;1755818 said:
I dislike players shouting about the game after in a way that could come back to bite them later on. TO is that kind of character though and we wouldnt change him ( that much )

Be interesting if we throw to him early like we did last week

Yes we will throw to T.O. early and often because its all about taking what the defense gives you. Also, look for Crayton to have a good game as well. They can't cover everyone and they know that. Our WR corp is better as a whole so this should be our advantage.

Also, look for plenty of slants, quick outs and maybe the screen pass as well. This Giant defense is looking to hit Romo and often. He will need to take 5 step drops for the G. Men to have a good shot at getting him.

We need to keep them guessing and when they lineup with the 4 DE package, we need to run right behind L. Davis and squash them. Also, if we catch them with their ears pinned back and they are blitzing, the screen to MB is deadly because he will be running into smaller CB's and safties that will struggle to take him down once he gets a full head of steam.

This is more of a chess match than anything. Pick your poison is the flavor of the day. I think we win and win comfortably. I also say that Plexico is not going to have a huge day either. This Giant team is a little too hyped and sound like they are trying to convince themselves that they are better than what they are. Confidence can be quite too and I think we will come out and take care of business and leave the Giants to sit and make excuses as to why things didnt turn out the way they intended.

Go Boys.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Just watched the brian stewart film session on the cowboys huddle show and he said they plan to do what miami did two weeks ago to burress, press him and push him around with a 2 high safety look all day.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
theebs;1755871 said:
Just watched the brian stewart film session on the cowboys huddle show and he said they plan to do what miami did two weeks ago to burress, press him and push him around with a 2 high safety look all day.
Makes sense considering how they played us last time with the 3-step drops and quick slants, etc.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
theebs;1755871 said:

IT'S ABOUT FREAKING TIME

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
The big difference in today's game will be the players who missed the first matchup: Newman,Ellis and Tank.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Cowboys22;1755848 said:
If he can see the rush better, then he can avoid it better. That means getting outside the pocket more often which is what I thought they didn't want. I like them wearing the red. It will look like we're playing the cardinal and by the 3rd quarter, it will seem like it too!

:lmao:

superpunk

Reaction score
theebs;1755847 said:
Care to rekindle any of your teams ridiculous comments from both games last year and leading up to the game this year?

Please bring those up, like burress coward comment, barber and coughlins constant complaining about the tackling, jacobs guarantee, burress constant insults to the whole team including the first game this year.

You are really reaching here. Ask yourself why your team particularly jacobs and pierce are talking so much this week. No chatter from our team this week, in fact our team has been very complimentary of the giants team.

Lot of yeah buts from ny this week, especially the media but not one single article on the Dallas Defense and how it has gotten better and changed since september.

Lot of talk about what jacobs and pierce are going to do though, that makes me wonder.

Should be a battle today. Two good equal teams.

Good post.

I was watching NFL Network this morning, and after I watched Jim Mora pick the Giants on one show and the Cowboys on another, I saw them talk about how game 1 was Spagnuolo's first game as a DC. No mention of how in Garrett's first game as a coordinator, his squad dropped 45 on Spag's squad.

People don't realize how much better the Cowboys have gotten since game 1. In all phases of the game.

After today, they will. I doubt that will stop rubber-lips Pierce and Jacobs from saying that the Giants are America's team (hah!), but people will recognize alot about the Cowboys.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Tom [Giants fan];1755810 said:
Just keep in mind of Owens' comments after the first game. He stated that the Cowboys could have put up 70 on the Giants if they wanted to. Even if it was true, saying it publicly is a whole different animal. I don't think the Giants have forgotten about his comments.

Ahhh, that explains why the Giants shut him down so completely today...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Tom [Giants fan];1755810 said:
Just keep in mind of Owens' comments after the first game. He stated that the Cowboys could have put up 70 on the Giants if they wanted to. Even if it was true, saying it publicly is a whole different animal. I don't think the Giants have forgotten about his comments.

So, what's the reasoning behind all the trash they talked all the previous years? I mean, it's not as if this was an unusual amount of trash coming from the Giants. They always do this kind of stuff.