You have to be rooting for Stephen's

sbark

Reaction score
Stephens has spent more years as a WR, as wr#4, he could be a chess piece, a matchup dream... especially in red zone

Cowboys love position flex... here it is

These type of guys are why i watch Cowboys,

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hopefully the ACL injury in camp last summer doesn’t derail him. He was looking real good. It can take a while to return the form from an ACL especially for a receiver. Some players never return to form.

plymkr

Reaction score
Overshown and Stephens are 2 guys I’m really looking forward to seeing in preseason. I hope they fully recover and show out. Stephens in the red zone is exciting if he pans out. We haven’t had a guy since Dez that can go up and get a ball. That would be nice

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Overshown and Stephens are 2 guys I’m really looking forward to seeing in preseason. I hope they fully recover and show out. Stephens in the red zone is exciting if he pans out. We haven’t had a guy since Dez that can go up and get a ball. That would be nice
Something to look forward to for sure. And Mazi and so many more. Can’t wait.

CWR

Reaction score
Something to look forward to for sure. And Mazi and so many more. Can’t wait.
The other two for sure. I'm worried about Mazi having mental health issues. If that's actually correct it could help explain the weight loss and why he hadn't appeared to put it back on, at least a month or so ago.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The other two for sure. I'm worried about Mazi having mental health issues. If that's actually correct it could help explain the weight loss and why he hadn't appeared to put it back on, at least a month or so ago.
We will find out soon.

Reactions: CWR

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This is a great story and one I can’t wait to see play out in preseason. Lance needs to be best friends with Stephen’s to help them both out not that I think Stephens needs any help.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-versatile-offensive-weapon-2024-dak-prescott
I'm hopeful that because the injury happened in the preseason that he'll be good to go. The last few major leg injuries have taken longer to recover from for our players. Gallup, Steele and Pollard weren't their usual selves the season following their injuries. For Stephens, that could result in another redshirt year. I hope that even if he does struggle coming back that we put him on the practice squad based on the promise he showed last preseason.

Because of the injury, I think our tight ends this year will be Ferguson, Schoonmaker, Hendershot and Spann-Ford. If Stephens is back to what he showed last year, he could knock Hendershot or Spann-Ford off the roster (most likely Hendershot since he's more in the pass catcher, not-so-great-blocker mold like Stephens).

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm hopeful that because the injury happened in the preseason that he'll be good to go. The last few major leg injuries have taken longer to recover from for our players. Gallup, Steele and Pollard weren't their usual selves the season following their injuries. For Stephens, that could result in another redshirt year. I hope that even if he does struggle coming back that we put him on the practice squad based on the promise he showed last preseason.
Weren’t all those players hurt during the regular season and not preseason?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Weren’t all those players hurt during the regular season and not preseason?
Yes. In fact, Pollard was hurt during the playoffs. But it took Steele and Gallup more than a year to show glimpses of their previous form and Gallup still isn't there. Pollard started playing more like his old self in under a year, but his injury was a broken bone, not an ACL. Some players do recover quicker and severity of the injury does play a part.

Motorola

Reaction score
This is a great story and one I can’t wait to see play out in preseason. Lance needs to be best friends with Stephen’s to help them both out not that I think Stephens needs any help.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-versatile-offensive-weapon-2024-dak-prescott
Overshown and Stephens were the 1 & 2 rookie sensations last summer; but I think the 2nd-year TE slides to #3 as a must-see in Oxford next month since Beebe and his swagger showed up at The Star.

plymkr

Reaction score
Overshown and Stephens were the 1 & 2 rookie sensations last summer; but I think the 2nd-year TE slides to #3 as a must-see in Oxford next month since Beebe and his swagger showed up at The Star.
I agree. I’m getting excited to see what these guys will do. We need Overshown and Beebe to be players. I’m looking for to TC and watching this unfold. To me this one of the funnest times of year. Preseason games and seeing guys develop. Lol, I still remember the night Overshown blew out his knee, the way he fell and grabbed his knee I slammed the remote down in anger. Really looking forward to seeing him play again. It’ll be fun