You think the Cowboys are dysfunctional?

DZSierra

Reaction score
If I missed it, apologies and feel free to delete or move the thread.

I've been out of the country for a few days, and when I read up on the draft, I almost fell over dead when I saw that the Falcons selected Penix Jr. as their first pic in the draft. This after they're paying Cousins 180 million dollars for 4 years with 100 million in guaranteed money??

I couldn't help but see the video of what appears to be the owner being surprised with the draft and their first pic, along with the GM appearing to explaining about why they went that direction.

Perhaps it's just me, but I can't even see Roseman pull a stunt like that with not being on somewhat the same playbook as to who your first top options are going to be if they are available.

To me, the Falcons have always reminded me of the browns.

Flamma

Reaction score
I get it. How long is cousins going to be there. But you don't do that with the 8th overall pick. You get a player that has impact now.

Cousins is going to be there at a minimum 2 years. If they release him after 2, they take a 35M dead cap hit. The same as his base pay. So he'll probably be there for 3 years.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Atlanta front office is no where near as bad as Dallas. Falcons have been to NFC championship game and Super Bowl this century.