Your Cowboy Stories

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
Who have you met? What cool stuff happened to you? I wanna hear these stories as I'm sure some of you have some good ones. I'll share a few of mine.

Dallas held training camp where I used to live from 1999-2002. Yeah, yeah I know those are the Campo years But anyway, durring that stint I met the triplets. '99 was Irvins last year with us and i got to have a quick argument with him about why he should give me an autograph (which I didn't get:( )

Aikman was signing autographs along the fence after practice so my dad and I trie to get as close as possible. We were pushed to the front and Aikman held out his hand for a pen so he could sign the auotograph. We fumbled for one but found wed misplaced it so we raised our camera to at least get a picture out of the deal. He posed for us but when we snapped it our camera was outta film. Talk about bad luck.

Emmitt Smith was doing a rarity and signing autographs one day that I went out to see them practice. He didn't do it very often so as you can imagine there were swarms of people trying to get an autograph. I was 11 or 12 at the time and Emmitt was my idol. I respected him like nobody else so I pushed my way to the front and did my best to get an autograph. ( I had my pen ready this time.) He signed the guy to the left of me skipped over me and the signed the guy to the right of me. I was bummed as you might imagine.

I did get Daryl Johnstons autograph. I caught him on the way to a team meeting and he pulled part of my shirt through the fence and signed it. You wouldn't believe how strong that guy is.

I tried to get Deion Sanders to give me an autograph but he found it more fitting to give me the finger instead. I'm serious.:laugh2:

I got the opportunity to carry shoulder pads and helmet for some rook durring practice one day. My sister almost caught to carry Darren Woodsons shoulder pads but the lady who was assigning people to players said that a guy should carry his for some reason. She got to carry George Teague's equipment though so thats not a bad guy to end up with. (I swear that guy was high. You could see it in his eyes)

nicodywill

Reaction score
wow that's some crazy stuff i live 1 hour from where they're having training camp this coming year and i promised myself i'm gonna go at least once a week, i really want to get j. witten to sign a jersey for me.

Calicowboy

Reaction score
Theres been quite a few, but my proudest moments have involved my son.

We were fortunate enough to have Thanksgiving Dinner with a player/friend at his house. Fortunate enough to say blessings with him and his family. Fortunate enough to see my boy beat him in Madden ;) later that night.

Watching my son get to know his favorite (TG) during TC was a proud moment(s). TG is a proud father and it shows. He made a promise to my son, and kept it, following through on the next day, with a fresh pair of receivers gloves he wore during the walk through.

Back in 02'(?) we were at the Oxnard TC. He walked into the hotel lobby to use the restroom and saw Emmitt standing by himself. Emmitt then started to walk towards the meeting rooms, so my boy bolted his way and tugged at his shirt. Emmitt turned and said "What's up lil' guy". I asked if he would take a pic, and Emmitt graciously said yes. In 05' he got that photo signed. May not seem like a big deal, but for me it was, because my boy was extremely shy back then, but after that day he was less shy and more positive.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
i have met big T.O. four times, 3 of those being this past season - the first time was at training camp and he signed my football and T.O. jersey, then the other two were before and after games where he also takes time to sign stuff (my hat) - i have also met terry glenn but i didn't have a pen or anything with me so i couldn't get anything signed but big T.O. is my favorite player anyway so he was the only one i really wanted to meet.

DA FAN

Reaction score
I've been fortunate enough to meet several Cowboys players. I like collecting their autographs.

The one player I had always wanted to meet and Finally did, this past summer, was my boyhood hero Roger Staubach!

He was a class act. Very courteous, freindly, respectful. He was even very humble. I say this because when I told him how far I had traveled just to meet him (3 hour drive), he said "just to meet me".

He was everything you'd expect from a HOF QB and the most popular player in this Franchise. (IMO)

IMG_0422-fixed.jpg

DipChit

Reaction score
I've had a couple interesting 1 on 1 meetings in settings that were completely out of the football realm.

One was back in '88, the year Dorsett played for the Broncos before retiring. I had to go to a Mercedes shop to pick up some parts and he happened to be there waiting to pick up his car. Talked briefly with him.

The other was in '92 when I was vacationing at a resort in Sun Valley, Idaho and it so happened Landry was vacationing there at the same time. Saw he ans his wife sitting by the outdoor skating rink watching some folks who were skating at the time. Ran up to my room to get a notepad and a pen and then approached him. Spoke for a few minutes, got his autograph. Best Wishes, Dan.. yada yada.

Maybe if he'd have been alone at the time I would've geeked out and sat there longer with him but since he wasnt I thought it best to be on my way fairly quickly. ;)

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
My story still makes me feel stupid when i think back on it.

it was about 10 or so years ago, i was taking skiing lessons in Winter Park, Colorado.

it wasn't very busy, so i got private lessons, and when we were on a lift going up to a more difficult run, we had a guy sit with me and my instructor on the lift. the instructor knew him, and introduced him to me as his buddy Deion.

Being only about 10 i didn't think much of it, and the guy was really nice and cool.

We started our run down the hill, and after i took a dive Deion went rushing by incredibly fast, and that's the last we saw him.

My stupid mind took until about an hour later to realize that i was sitting on the ski lift with Deion Sanders. To this day i still wish i could've talked some football with him.

Cliff

Benched
Reaction score
Chicago, my old man used to take me on an annual trip to St. Louis.... So, anyone who's been to St. Louis, knows, not much goin' on - me an pops are traversin' their little "downtown" area when we happen past the Marriot.... We notice a throng of 'Boys fans (prolly 60/70) and a few busses pulled up to the entrance - the walk-way is roped off and manned.... Off to the side, me and pops take it in.... Then we start to see 'em - all my heroes... too tall, roger, tony, drew, harvey, billy joe.... but my GUY was randy.... no randy!-where's randy?!.... the 'Boys make their way in.... crowd seems to be breakin' a bit.... Randy! - with Coach Landry!!! - steppin' off the charter!.... DAMN!.... I'm, what, 10 ft away.... Security has trailed the team in, maybe a dozen fans left - my dad nudges me forward - i'm speechless - hesistantly, i proceed to simply follow Coach Landry and Randy to the elevator bank - shaking and in awe.... the visual: TL, RW and my little 8 yr old *** waitin' for an elevator!.... they step in - i follow.... both stoic and and backs to the wall, they're literal lookin' at me to enter - i step in - turn my back to 'em -hug the front corner.... we hit their floor - Coach Tom exists and NODS -
N-O-D-S! to me.... randy follows but proceeds to S-M-A-C-K me with hiscarry-on bag - THEN.... he stops, says sorry - like a dork, in full spaz mode, i thrust my hat towards him.... "Sure, no problem," as his mit retrieves a pen from his coat pocket.... 'nother nod and he's off....

that hat has never been worn once.... sits proudly atop my 'Boys shrine

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I got a Terry Glenn and Keyshawn Johnson autograph in San Francisco in 2005.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
When i was real young, probably 8 or 9, my aunt won a raffle so me and her got to eat breakfast with drew pearson and too tall jones. we talked football (what little i knew then) and they ended up signing some pictures of me in one of those little football uniform things for kids haha

it was a good time