Your Favorite Underrated Players at Positions of Need

tm1119

Reaction score
Just a thread for everyone to show their man crushes, and also a good way to see some under the radar prospects that you may never have heard of otherwise.

DE/OL- Justin Houston from Georgia- 6'3 267, ran a 4.57 40, and put up 225 30 times. Looks like he was made in a lab to be a 3-4 OLB pass rusher. If he falls to us in the 2nd round it would be hard to pass him up.

O-Line- OT Benjamin Ijalana from Villanova- D2 player(or whatever they call it nowadays), but a 2 time all-american at that level. Started 53 career games. 6'4 317 with long arms. Could possibly play RT or move inside to G. Again, a good 2nd round option, possibly 3rd if he slips some.

OG- DeMarcus Love from Arkansas- 4 year starter against top competition. Played OT for most of his career, but a lot of people feel his future is at OG, and he has the size for it at 6'3 315. Hes slated for the 3rd or 4th round right now and could potentially come in and start from day 1 if he adjusts to the move to OG well. Production at a top level college like he had is hard to pass up.

ILB- Mario Harvey from Marshall- I maintain that ILB is a pretty big need for us. Brooking probably couldnt cover me at this point and Sean Lee is very unproven. Harvey is a freak physically, just needs to be developed into our scheme. 6' 257 with the ability to run like a receive with a 4.43 40, and still have good upper body strength is hard to pass up in the 4th or 5th round.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
CB - Curtis Marsh - Utah State: Very good size and speed for CB (6'0, 197 lbs, 32 arms, 4.46 forty/from combine). Plays the ball like a receiver and with a chip on his shoulder. Likely needs refinement, but a great prospect to work with. I see him going as high as the 3rd round, but more likely 4th or beyond.

[youtube]C-DwCYgqHWk[/youtube]

DL - Ian Williams - Notre Dame: Great motor; always seems to be in on the play. Probably a better fit for 43, but again, in Ryan's scheme, I think he can utilize all sorts of players in non-traditional ways. Williams is stout at 6'1" 319 lbs, 31 bench press). Good rotational player that can likely be had somewhere between round 3-5. For those of you who still have the Senior Bowl DVR'd, you'll notice how Williams played very well.

55996864.jpg

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Orlando Franklin OG Miami

I hope the Cowboys look at him as a guard who can play OT in a pinch.

Demetrius Moore WR Tennessee