Your greatest moment as a Cowboys fan

VCDefectors

Benched
Reaction score
For me, it was the closing moments of the 1992 NFC Championship. Aikman had just completed that slant to Alvin Harper for 74 yards and we went on to score the last TD of the day. Then Steve Young and the SF offense took the field. Young was thrown to the turf over and over and you could sense his frustration and hopelessness. The glory of the Dallas Cowboys, America's Team, the 15 years of misery and no super bowls, the looming shadow of "The Catch", the firing of Tom Landry, the 1-15 season. All of that was finally over. That moment was the finest moment for me as a Dallas Cowboys fan.

What was your favorite moment?

fortdick

Reaction score
VCDefectors;2452569 said:
For me, it was the closing moments of the 1992 NFC Championship. Aikman had just completed that slant to Alvin Harper for 74 yards and we went on to score the last TD of the day. Then Steve Young and the SF offense took the field. Young was thrown to the turf over and over and you could sense his frustration and hopelessness. The glory of the Dallas Cowboys, America's Team, the 15 years of misery and no super bowls, the looming shadow of "The Catch", the firing of Tom Landry, the 1-15 season. All of that was finally over. That moment was the finest moment for me as a Dallas Cowboys fan.

Roger's Hail Mary against the Vikes.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score

Right on. The slant to Harper. I knew at that moment, we were going to win the Super Bowl. Was waiting my whole life for that moment!

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
9/7/92

Dallas vs. World Champion deadskins...Monday Night Football

Dallas had obtained Haley, Irving held out and just signed. Dallas jumped on them from the first snap and won 23-10.

It was clear to everyone in the stadium that this team had arrived.

Have never seen a Texas Stadium crowd like that, never seen it since either.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
The last Dallas - Pitt SB

I was the only Cowboys fan at a SB party and was getting a ton of crap. After the game was over they got quiet for some reason. :laugh2:

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
It is hard to top the final regular season game of 1979, but for me the top moment was right before halftime of Super Bowl 27 when Dallas took a 28-10 lead on an Irvin TD reception. They were going to win! I actually danced to Michael Jackson's halftime show. Put on some good moves too.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Sitting on a pickup tailgate -dipping snuff and telling rodeo stories with Walt Garrison

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
justbob;2453724 said:
Sitting on a pickup tailgate -dipping snuff and telling rodeo stories with Walt Garrison

that's pretty damn cool..

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
justbob;2453724 said:

I'm jealous! And I hate snuff.

The best time of all for me was the SB against Denver. Denver QB Craig Morton (who had previously been with the Cowboys) was talking crap before the game and basically dared the Doomsday Defense to blitz him. The DDD forced 8 turnovers against Denver and won the game with Harvey Martin and Randy White sharing MVP honors.

rojan

Reaction score
season opener Vs. the Commanders when they came back from like 21 to take it to overtime and Aikman hit his new weapon, Rocket Ismail, on a play-action pass to win the game.

That was the 1st year I really started watching the Cowboys and I haven't looked back ever since.

Rick_Deckard

luvtheboys
Reaction score

The Monday before the 92 Championship game, my boss surprised me with a ticket to the game along with travel and hotel as a reward for taking on a bunch of extra work. Needless to say it was the best bonus I ever received.

The weather was terrible all week and my connecting flight was delayed in Phoenix. The flight into SF landed right at kickoff. I ran to get a taxi and found out from the toll collector at the airport exit that the Niners had just scored. Fortunately, traffic was light because everyone got to the stadium early and I only missed the first half of the first quarter. The first bit of good news is that the Niners score had been called back due to a penalty.

Boy did I get some dirty looks as I stood up waving my arm and screaming "Go Alvin! Go Alvin! Go Alvin!"

I went to the opening Monday night game that year against the Skins (one of the most exciting regular season games I ever attended at Texas Stadium), all three of the NFC Championships the Boys won in the 90's, and the second Super Bowl against Buffalo. None of them compared to how I felt watching Alvin's catch and run.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Super Bowl XXX, sitting around the 20 yard line 30 rows up from the field, beating Pitt and then getting to go to the Cowboys after game party with all the players and cheerleaaders. I think I slept 4 hours in 3 days. Great trip!! <<I got tickets from a friend who's mom works for the Cowboys, who also got us on the chartered busses and all private parties, best $650.00 I ever spent>>

However, beating the Niners in the 92 championship was my favorite game.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
luvtheboys;2453891 said:
The Monday before the 92 Championship game, my boss surprised me with a ticket to the game along with travel and hotel as a reward for taking on a bunch of extra work. Needless to say it was the best bonus I ever received.

The weather was terrible all week and my connecting flight was delayed in Phoenix. The flight into SF landed right at kickoff. I ran to get a taxi and found out from the toll collector at the airport exit that the Niners had just scored. Fortunately, traffic was light because everyone got to the stadium early and I only missed the first half of the first quarter. The first bit of good news is that the Niners score had been called back due to a penalty.

Boy did I get some dirty looks as I stood up waving my arm and screaming "Go Alvin! Go Alvin! Go Alvin!"

I went to the opening Monday night game that year against the Skins (one of the most exciting regular season games I ever attended at Texas Stadium), all three of the NFC Championships the Boys won in the 90's, and the second Super Bowl against Buffalo. None of them compared to how I felt watching Alvin's catch and run.

wow!!!

that is awesome..

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
yimyammer;2453920 said:
Super Bowl XXX, sitting around the 20 yard line 30 rows up from the field, beating Pitt and then getting to go to the Cowboys after game party with all the players and cheerleaaders. I think I slept 4 hours in 3 days. Great trip!! <<I got tickets from a friend who's mom works for the Cowboys, who also got us on the chartered busses and all private parties, best $650.00 I ever spent>>

However, beating the Niners in the 92 championship was my favorite game.

that is pretty damn cool man!