You're Coach/GM for a Day

TtownCowboy

Reaction score
What would you do?

Here's mine:
- If Adam is suspended cut him and get the rookies indoctrinated to the NFL. Not a better time to do it IMO. With that I'd be having our DBs playing more physical at the line and knocking receivers off their routes
- Package something reasonable to Detroit for RW.
- Fire Read/Reed and shake things up a bit on ST.
- Get Owens in motion as many plays as possible to get him off the jams at the line.
- Bench Flozell for a game to see if I can get his attention and the rest of the O-line.

I'm sure I'll come up w/more. This will probably seem like overreaction to a lot of you, but to me this team needs to be taken by the shoulders and have the *$#* shaken out of em'.

Flame on.

heavyg

Reaction score
Like you if Jones is suspended I would cut him and re-coup the draft picks.

I would have already fired Reed and broght back coach Joe.

I would also put Wade on notice to get this thing straightend out.

I would also fire Stewart and promote Campo to DC

Package up some pics for RW

Its too late to address back up QB but would do something for next year

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree ..... except that I am not sure I cut pac unless his suspension is long term.

Also only sit Flo if he is injured .....

TwentyOne

Reaction score
TtownCowboy;2338253 said:
What would you do?

sell the cowboys and live happily after with my 1.5 billion dollars :cool: :cool: :cool:

sorry but this one was just to easy :)

Ahhh only GM ? I thought i was the owner too - like Jerry :(

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
heavyg;2338269 said:
Like you if Jones is suspended I would cut him and re-coup the draft picks.

I would have already fired Reed and broght back coach Joe.

I would also put Wade on notice to get this thing straightend out.

I would also fire Stewart and promote Campo to DC

Package up some pics for RW

Its too late to address back up QB but would do something for next year

No way is Joe gonna be back in Big D.

TtownCowboy

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the Campo/Stewart thing. Campo and a 3-4 I question. Now Campo and a wetsuit I never question. jk

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
TtownCowboy;2338253 said:
What would you do?

Here's mine:
- If Adam is suspended cut him and get the rookies indoctrinated to the NFL. Not a better time to do it IMO. With that I'd be having our DBs playing more physical at the line and knocking receivers off their routes
- Package something reasonable to Detroit for RW.
- Fire Read/Reed and shake things up a bit on ST.
- Get Owens in motion as many plays as possible to get him off the jams at the line.
- Bench Flozell for a game to see if I can get his attention and the rest of the O-line.

I'm sure I'll come up w/more. This will probably seem like overreaction to a lot of you, but to me this team needs to be taken by the shoulders and have the *$#* shaken out of em'.

Flame on.

I agree with cutting Jones. No sense prolonging it and I do think there is some player resentment right now. He's not exactly giving stellar play to justify the babysitting or the distraction.

What is something "reasonable" for Williams? More than a second, no.

Firing Read is okay, but who do you replace him with? Would that disruption cause more harm than good?

Moving Owens and getting creative with him is a must. A clear no-brainer.

Benching Flozell is not something I would do unless confident Free is actually even close to being at even one-armed Adams level. I don't believe he is.

MCowboys

Reaction score
The only message sent by benching Flo would be that we want Brad to run for his life.

heavyg

Reaction score
ajk23az;2338276 said:
No way is Joe gonna be back in Big D.

Well he didnt ask us for something that WOULD happen. He asked what we would do. Reed should have never been retained. ST has been a weak point for some time.

TtownCowboy

Reaction score
The Flo thing may have been a little quick but the line definitely gets a serious rear chewing. As for ST coach maybe in house. Hasn't Campo coached STs before. Read/Reed should not have been kept in the off season.

heavyg

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2338296 said:
Bring back Joe and promote Campo? Are we bringing back Gailey as HC also?

If Gailey had any success I might consider it. But our D has been on the downslide since Campo left and our ST have been pretty much non-existent since Coach Joe left.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I would have Ware moving all over the line and you would never see him running routes w/ TEs or receivers again.

I also would play my CBs up much closer to the receivers and start jamming them. Especially when the QBs start going to the 3 step drop.

dannyboy

Reaction score
Trade for RW with a 2nd and 6th
Put TO in motion A LOT
Cut Tony Curtis(he let the punt get blocked) We need to shed some blood
Fire Reed
Keep Pacman. If he gets suspended, we get a draft pick and I believe we dont have to give one as well
Flo was injuried, still does a good job
Press with our cornerbacks
Stunt with the lineman/always going straight ahead

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
Steps that should be taken -

1. Fire Bruce Read immediately. And then find someone in the mold of Avezzano to come in and fix special teams.

2. Demote Brian Stewart from DC and find someone with "fire and emotion" and ability to make "game time adjustments" to get this defense going.

3. Shake up roster before trading deadline by getting rid of the few overpriced vets who are not performing and are not team leaders. Sometimes less is more...we need a true team - not group of individuals.

4. Sit down with Garrett and tell him to put Felix and Marion in the backfield together. Get the running game established.

5. Sit down with Phillips and tell him to make tough coaching moves above or that I will be forced to move him to front office job. Executives must make tough decisions and keeping Read and Stewart in their roles while they are not performing is a failure as an executive.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I would tell Wade to get in the car and that we are going for a ride.

Then drive out to the middle of nowhere and let wade run around for awhile.

Then slam door and take off.

Seriously, I'd put Read, Stewart, and Wade on notice.

I'd also try to make a trade today even if a small one.

I'd start playing Bennett and Hannah ahead of Tony Curtis in practice and put his butt on notice.

I'd tell the starters they are playing Special Teams if this keeps up one more week.

If the line plays poorly again this week, I'd make a change, if nothing else, to send a message. McQuistan and Holland in, Flozell and Gurode take a seat this week(Proctor to Center).

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2338296 said:
Bring back Joe and promote Campo? Are we bringing back Gailey as HC also?

We should just fire Houck and hire Frank Verducci back again.